How does Gordon survive at Xen without helmet?

Sign in to follow this  

So it seems to me that only quasi-plausible explanation is that Xen is orbiting above the outer reaches of a massive nebula in an alternate dimension that has breathable air, livable temperatures, & not intensely lethal amounts of radiation.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

When we're talking about a completely alien dimension, there's no reason to think that any of the rules of our dimension need to apply.

There's no reason why there wouldn't be weird floating islands scattered around in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by breathable air.

Maybe our dimension is the only one which actually has anything resembling "space", this strange emptyness that envelopes everything, with no breathable atmosphere. Maybe other dimensions are completely full of gases, and we're the exception to the rule.

Maybe gravity works in different ways too, and prevents the formation of planets and stuff, with their floating islands being formed by some completely different process.

Logic native to this world says no, but that's the point, it's not part of this world, and is obviously governed by rules that we know nothing about yet.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

I think I figured it out, he just holds his breath. And all this time we were looking to science for an explanation, hah

"Fat People Not Good"

Xen has all the necessary things you need to breath in it's enviroment. How is a different matter, one I really hope no one took the time to think through.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Or....Is just a fuck*ng game.

Do not mock this thread, it is a very serious discussion about science and atmospheric oxygen levels with very serious consequences. Serious.

"Fat People Not Good"

When we're talking about a completely alien dimension, there's no reason to think that any of the rules of our dimension need to apply.

There's no reason why there wouldn't be weird floating islands scattered around in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by breathable air.

Maybe our dimension is the only one which actually has anything resembling "space", this strange emptyness that envelopes everything, with no breathable atmosphere. Maybe other dimensions are completely full of gases, and we're the exception to the rule.

Unless constants c and G are different in Xen (and at least c isn't, or else there's a high chance either Gordon or his crowbar would desintegrate (in the literal meaning, not volatilize)), I can estimate that an universe of that kind would collapse into itselfe were its radius bigger than 11,7811 Terameters (using air density in SC).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

Unless constants c and G are different in Xen (and at least c isn't, or else there's a high chance either Gordon or his crowbar would desintegrate (in the literal meaning, not volatilize)), I can estimate that an universe of that kind would collapse into itselfe were its radius bigger than 11,7811 Terameters (using air density in SC).

And there you go, trying to judge a completely alien dimension using only theoretical knowledge about our own dimension.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

His goatee doubles as an air filter.

I always imagine that's how Jamie Hyneman breathes under water.

Do not taunt the Hyneman. Remember, the Hyneman is more scared of you than you are of him.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Hey, that's right. When diving underwater the HEV suit uses its energy to provide him oxygen. But since he doesn't wear a helmet, I wonder where it injects it through...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.