How does Gordon survive at Xen without helmet?

Sign in to follow this  

I don't see why he would end the series just when he gets a huge wave of material to work with. After years of thinking up jokes about concrete corridors; thinking up something for Xen would be a nice change. At least from my perspective it would.

I don't see why he would end the series just when he gets a huge wave of material to work with. After years of thinking up jokes about concrete corridors; thinking up something for Xen would be a nice change. At least from my perspective it would.

I'm not saying this because he will get a "huge wave of material to work with" .. I'm saying this because of reality.

I think Ross would like to make it realistic.....But, if he goes on with the series, he will come up with something, he is a genious.

It has oxygen obviously.
Oxygen is fine, but if Xen's atmosphere is primariy Radon instead of Nitrogen, then you have a problem. :P

I do wonder though; why did the other expedition team scientists in hazard suits wear helmets if Freeman can breath it fine? Maybe for protection against the creatures of Xen, but every single one of them?

Maybe Ross will end the series when he arrives Xen :(

No, he will go on as usually :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

It has oxygen obviously.
Oxygen is fine, but if Xen's atmosphere is primariy Radon instead of Nitrogen, then you have a problem. :P

I do wonder though; why did the other expedition team scientists in hazard suits wear helmets if Freeman can breath it fine? Maybe for protection against the creatures of Xen, but every single one of them?

oh that one's easy. they wore helmets as a preventative measure. i mean when we sent our first astronauts to space when they came back we put them in bio-hazard because they might've had some sort of space disease. the last thing somebody wants it to come back with some horrible parasite, you know? more so one from a different dimension.

He's an alien.

That would explain a lot.... :)

Considering the fact that Barney went through xen with nothing but his helmet and vest and didn't die i would say that pressure,atmosphere and ellement wise the islands are safe though i'm prety sure it's gonna be a cold place seeing as how the water looks in the dimension while at some specific islands of the xen the water seems to be in some different form meaning that it would probably be more warm but also more toxic.Overall freeman has to kill aliens and worry about the core ellements of xen's enviroment later.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

I just assumed the scientists were following protocol to the presumably incredibly violent end.

I just assumed the scientists were following protocol to the presumably incredibly violent end.

waat?

I'll rewrite that;

I just assumed the scientists were following protocol to the end. Presumably an incredibly violent end.

Considering the fact that Barney went through xen with nothing but his helmet and vest and didn't die i would say that pressure,atmosphere and ellement wise the islands are safe though i'm prety sure it's gonna be a cold place seeing as how the water looks in the dimension while at some specific islands of the xen the water seems to be in some different form meaning that it would probably be more warm but also more toxic.Overall freeman has to kill aliens and worry about the core ellements of xen's enviroment later.

Blueshift was made after Half-Life .. VALVe realized their mistake about Freeman in Xen without helmet, so they continue it. :mrgreen:

Blueshift was made after Half-Life .. VALVe realized their mistake about Freeman in Xen without helmet, so they continue it. :mrgreen:

Gearbox made the expansions. Valve never had anything to do with them.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com