Which is more popular here?

Which game is better for you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is better for you?

• Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sign in to follow this  

I have seen certain people saying that a lot of people really don't like Legend of Zelda, But rather they only like The Elder Scrolls. Now before you say anything about me being a "fanboy" or whatever, I like both so this is all you guys.

And before I forget, no I don't have Skyward Sword...but it looks good I am a big fan of the old stuff though

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Hm, popularity. I've never played a Zelda game, but I have been playing Skyrim and enjoying that sooo... :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'm not a fan of Zelda games. I don't dislike them but I get nowhere without guides. Even with guides I still never got through OOT. A good series, but not my series.

I used to love Zelda, but now its kinda just bored me I guess.. I just wanna go through the dungeons and stuff I don't care about the plot (And they take forever to explain the plot! Which it is almost always the same. ) They spend forever trying to explain the basics (which it made sense in OOT the 3 dimensional environment was new) but now we get it! just skip that or make the tutorial optional.

I'm not familiar with the Oblivion series, so I don't have a opinion on it.. I like the soundtracks though :)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I used to love Zelda, but now its kinda just bored me I guess.. I just wanna go through the dungeons and stuff I don't care about the plot (And they take forever to explain the plot! Which it is almost always the same. ) They spend forever trying to explain the basics (which it made sense in OOT the 3 dimensional environment was new) but now we get it! just skip that or make the tutorial optional.

I'm not familiar with the Oblivion series, so I don't have a opinion on it.. I like the soundtracks though :)

I'm pretty sure you mean the Elder Scrolls series.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

K6tKH9kBOGs

I'm fan of both series', but I'm more of a Zelda dork. However, I'm even more of a Bethesda fanboy for their Fallout games so my loyalty to the developer compels me to defend Skyrim as well.

You know what, I'm writing in Batman: Arkham City as my answer. Fuck it.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

They seem like completely different games to me. I don't see what the point of comparing them is.

Anyway, I never liked Zelda games, for a few reasons. The main one is that the designers seem to give no original regard to the game's style or story, just focusing all energy on game mechanics. And as much as some Nintendo fans will insist that this is a recipe for success, it isn't at all. It creates a lopsided mess with more faults than virtues, constantly dragging the player through a world they find uninteresting and unoriginal, the only comfort being the relatively well designed gameplay.

No I meant to say Bauldur's Gate.

please come back Bauldur's Gate...

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Majora's Mask and Windwaker managed to do something fresh with the old Zelda formula, but most tiles are fairly forumlaic, not just with Zelda really but with most of Nintendo's standbys. They give almost always deliver solid gameplay though,meaning that even if Link is still rescuing Zelda after 20 years its still fun.

Skyrim is a different breed of game altogether and a comparison is largely pointless, as said above, but I will say that i find myself waaaay more engrossed in Tamriel than I ever could be in Hyrule, which by, now I can't see as anything but an excuse to get me to the dungeons and bosses.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."