• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Minecraft
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Battlefield 3
    • Portal 2
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I put Skyrim, the only others I have played are Minecraft, COD, BF3, and Portal 2. I think Skyrim is much better than COD because COD is really just the same thing that the developers throw up every year, and there are no real changes or anything that sets it apart from the previous games in the series. Portal 2 was also a great game, but there is no replayability and for me it just felt like an expansion pack for the original, which isn't a bad thing, it just didn't give you the same feeling as the original, but it still delivered a good story and gameplay. Minecraft and BF3 I find very enjoyable, however it was just a matter of me liking skyrim slightly more than either of them.

On an unrelated note, I hate spellcheck when it tries to correct words that are already correct.

I think just because MW3 has more of the same from the earlier titles isn't a good enough reason to say it's a bad game. I mean, if you just take it for what it is it's a great cinematic action experience and really fun to play with others. It's in fact the only game I'm playing as much as I play Duke Nukem Forever. So if you have to go on the merit about which game I'm enjoying the most, it's actually MW3 and I guess because it's the first COD game I'm really getting into, I can look at it as a standalone product rather than compare it to earlier titles.

I haven't played Skyrim and frankly, I don't want to. The setting is just not my taste at all as I really prefer either science fiction settings or modern warfare settings. It's just a matter of taste for me, though on a pure technical level I can agree that Skyrim is a very interesting game and delivers a lot of content for the price, while others might feel that MW3's high price tag doesn't give enough content for the money, especially for players who are looking for more of a single player experience. Personally I didn't pay more than 20-30 bucks for MW3 when I preordered it so I guess I'm not complaining much about the price tag, and I think I'm getting a lot of stuff for my money with all the multiplayer content it has, and playing co-op with a friend is actually a lot of fun.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

My problem with it is that MW3 isn't necessarily a bad game(like mentioned before, it has its strong points. For example, being well polished, easy to get into and really more an action movie which some people like). But it just doesn't deserve to be placed over the other games, its just not that good in comparison.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No Batman Arkham City?

I voted MW3, suck it haters.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

No Batman Arkham City?

I voted MW3, suck it haters.

Uhm, Batman Arkham City is on the list.

woops my bad. carry on then.

I think just because MW3 has more of the same from the earlier titles isn't a good enough reason to say it's a bad game

Yes it is. Lack of innovation and significant features added to a sequel = Bad sequel. Unless of course the original is an amazing game in the first case, unfortunately this is not the case with the Modern Warfare series as they actually removed the awesome things that were in the original MW.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Deus Ex: HR

I liked everything about the game: the story, the gameplay, the characters.

It has his fair share of glitches, but nothing that can ruin the gameplay (AKA crashes, lots of crashes), myself, i do like seeing a funny glitch every now and then. :lol:

This was probably one of the few shooters that implemented the health regenaration system correctly, its hardly exploitable, it takes a long time to regenarate a reasonable health and it serves the function of "stopping" the player from getting paranoid with his health just because he cant find a med-kit.

Also, i love the "non-lethal" feature, it makes you say "i have to stop this guy, but does he really need to die? Is it the best thing to happen right now?" and makes you take the challenge of doing as much as you can without taking a human life.

It doesnt have half the replay value of the first Deus Ex, but still it got me to make 2-3 runs of it, way more than any game lately.

Alyxx, forgive me if my eyes are fooling me, but i only see 9 games on the list. I guess you can please a few fanboys and put SR3 on that list, if you want to.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

The problem is that if I add a title everyone will have to revote, and I don't think that Serious Sam 3 is going to gather any GOTY award, even if a few people think it's the best game this year. It's the same reason I didn't add Duke Nukem Forever just because I personally consider it the best game this year. I'm sorry but I sort of have to just go with the popular opinion on this one and list the titles that the majority consider worthy nominees.

You can revote if you want, just click Arkham City instead and click submit.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

The problem is that if I add a title everyone will have to revote, and I don't think that Serious Sam 3 is going to gather any GOTY award, even if a few people think it's the best game this year. It's the same reason I didn't add Duke Nukem Forever just because I personally consider it the best game this year. I'm sorry but I sort of have to just go with the popular opinion on this one and list the titles that the majority consider worthy nominees.

You can revote if you want, just click Arkham City instead and click submit.

I love the Batman games don't get me wrong, but replayability of MW3 kinda trumps the Batman games to me. I wish this was a multiple choice poll. :)

Oh look, Uncharted 3 is being neglected just like I said it would. :roll:

Not blaming anyone, but it sucks how very few people here seem to have played what I consider to be the best game on the list, because of the platform.

(Brofist to the one other person who voted for it. :ugeek: )

NO BG2 2.1.1? I AM DISSAPOINT!

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I like it because it proves everyone wrong.

Games require multiplayer to sell - Nope, Skyrim. (3.18 million copies sold in two days)

Games need to have cut content to be released as DLC to stop console owners from selling the game second-hand - Nope, Skyrim.

Games need to have online passes to stop console owners from selling the game second-hand - Nope, Skyrim.

Games that have too much content cost too much money to produce - Nope, Skyrim.

---

Developers like those liars at Naughty Dog cry on about how they make no money from their games and they have to include online passes etc. to pay for server upkeep yet they selectively forget their lucrative deals with Subway which brings in mountains of money and free advertising of their game. Bethesda don't need to cut Catwoman out of their game so console owners don't buy second-hand, people actually want to keep the game because of it's huge amount of content available. It just shows the level of bullshit that gamers are willing to accept, and even defend.

Another one:

PC gaming isn't worth developing for because of pirates. Nope, Skyrim(take notes, ubisoft).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another one:

PC gaming isn't worth developing for because of pirates. Nope, Skyrim(take notes, ubisoft).

Fastest selling game on Steam. Over 200 000 people playing simultaneously.

PC gaming is dead man.

317749.jpg