• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Minecraft
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Battlefield 3
    • Portal 2
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Alright, it's time for all of you to decide which game is the best of 2011, so I'm gonna list the main titles of 2011 here and you can vote. Voting ends on January the 1st so make sure you get yours done in time!

---

Alright, the time to vote is over and here are the winners!

1ST PLACE:

header.jpg?t=1324747454

The fifth and latest installment in Bethesda's epic Elder Scrolls saga steals the award for Best AF Game of 2011, and probably rightfully so. Presenting the player with a huge open world and a ton of quests to do, it is easy to see why Skyrim lives up to the hype it has gotten even before its release. It also helps the presentation is slick and polished as well, and that the game offers any playstyle you can think of. Congratulations to Bethesda for making yet another masterpiece in their franchise and for giving Accursed Farms a game worthy of this title.

2ND PLACE:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1324487993

Portal 2 barely managed to get 1st place here, but deserves the second place for surpassing the original by lightyears. With superb voice acting, memorable characters, great graphics and offering a truly unique gameplay experience, Portal 2 is by far one of the best games of 2011. It also for the first time offers a chance for people to work together in solving puzzles. A must-have if you like puzzle games and first person games in general!

3RD PLACE:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1319035935

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was voted 3rd best game of 2011 by you, and rightfully so. Not only does it expand immensely upon the original, working great as a prequel, it also offers a remarkable experience by offering the player with several ways to deal with a situation, whether he likes to go in guns blazing or uses stealth. With extremely good graphics on PC and superb voice acting and great gameplay that offers variety as well as action, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is clearly one of the greatest achievements in gaming of 2011.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Is this even a question?

SKYRIM.

2nd comes Deus Ex: HR

3rd is Portal 2

Also, Bjossi would have a rage at you because of the lack of Serious Sam from that list.

Skyrim and Deus Ex: Human Revolution!? Don't make me choose!!! :(

Portal 2 and Minecraft are also pretty awesome.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I voted on Portal 2 because the story is great, the gameplay is great, and it also has some awesome moments.

I managed to get it down to between Skyrim and Portal 2, in order to resolve this I removed my arm and flung it at the computer. Skyrim was the result at great difficulty. Now, does anyone know a Medic?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Figgy is a medic, although she lost her medical license(don't say I didn't warn you when your skeletons goes missing).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. Uncharted 3

2. Portal 2

3. Skyrim

Skyrim is bumped down to 3rd from the fact that it's literally a completely broken game. On my ps3, I'm 110 hours in, and when I start it up now, 5 minutes in it crashes, no joke. Bethesda deserves ALL the criticism they're getting for not delaying the PS3 release to fix these issues. The fact that this issue ever occurred on a released copy of the game says a lot about how shoddy the playtesting and management of Skyrim was.

Anyway, Portal 2 and Uncharted 3 are such brilliant games that it's hard to choose. The absolute amazing detail put into the development of Uncharted 3 really shows, and the same can really be said for Portal 2, though in different ways. Portal 2 and Uncharted 3 are so similar really. They both come from developers that are willing to put the time and effort necessary to make the best game possible, they have a charming sense of humor, and the games themselves have game designs that somehow never get old. Placing Uncharted 3 above Portal 2 is really almost arbitrary, because I love both of them so much. In the end, I opted for Uncharted 3 because I knew it would be neglected a bit in the votes, despite how great a game it is, because this is a mainly PC gaming forum.

For those non-ps3 gamers who just don't get the hype behind Uncharted, let me try to explain as best I can. Uncharted is an adventure (not the adventure genre), in the most classic way possible. You're following one character through a journey that's breathtaking, spectacular and intriguing.

I remember I once tried to explain to a friend of mine who had just gotten a ps3, why they needed to buy Uncharted 2. (I advised them to skip 1 and get straight to 2.) They were underwhelmed by the idea. They didn't understand why some third-person shooter ripping mechanics from Gears of War and Tomb Raider deserved their time.

I talked to them again a month later, and they were halfway through Uncharted 2. The first word they said when I asked them about it was "WOW". They had just finished the level on the back of a train, and they told me, "I feel like this is somehow even more than a AAA game, it's so well made." As I has been the first time I played U2, they were amazed. And that's what Uncharted is, it's an experience you have to have for yourself. You have to be in Nate's shoes when he's hanging off the back of a train while a helicopter explodes, or when a cruise ship starts sinking sideways and he has to get out fast.

Yeah, it's sad that Skyrim has so many bugs, especially on consoles where the game is essentially broken because it becomes unplayable simply from playing it. Funny enough, when Bethesda released id's RAGE it was the polar opposite with the console versions running perfectly while the PC version had major issues and still does.

I've only ever played Portal 2. Loved it, but I like the way BF3 looks. Hnggh, I can't really rate it unless I've actually played it. I guess... Portal 2, GO VALVE!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

when Bethesda released id's RAGE it was the polar opposite with the console versions running perfectly while the PC version had major issues and still does.

You do know Beth have nothing to do with the other Zenimax projects, right? Zenimax just love to slap the Beth name on everything because it makes the game sell more. Just the same as EA with Bioware at the moment.

when Bethesda released id's RAGE it was the polar opposite with the console versions running perfectly while the PC version had major issues and still does.

You do know Beth have nothing to do with the other Zenimax projects, right? Zenimax just love to slap the Beth name on everything because it makes the game sell more. Just the same as EA with Bioware at the moment.

Yeah, I know, I just thought it was a funny thing how polar opposite it was, and proves that neither PC or consoles are superior, it all depends on the programming and bugtesting.

I think all of the games on the list are worthy of GOTY awards, but I wanted to see what everyone thought.

Max 10 options, and I don't think there's enough reason to put Saints Row The Third on the list. And Serious Sam is a bit too small as well.

There is always room for Saints Row The Third XD

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

I put Skyrim, the only others I have played are Minecraft, COD, BF3, and Portal 2. I think Skyrim is much better than COD because COD is really just the same thing that the developers throw up every year, and there are no real changes or anything that sets it apart from the previous games in the series. Portal 2 was also a great game, but there is no replayability and for me it just felt like an expansion pack for the original, which isn't a bad thing, it just didn't give you the same feeling as the original, but it still delivered a good story and gameplay. Minecraft and BF3 I find very enjoyable, however it was just a matter of me liking skyrim slightly more than either of them.

On an unrelated note, I hate spellcheck when it tries to correct words that are already correct.