Bring Demon Souls/Dark souls to PC

Personally, I won't be sucking it up because I don't feel it justifies me paying full price for it. It is just such a pain in the arse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I won't be sucking it up because I don't feel it justifies me paying full price for it. It is just such a pain in the arse.

Well chances are it won't be a full price game, if From Software has any sense. I highly doubt anyone is expecting a full $60/$50 price tag from it, and I'd say 40 to 30 is more plausible.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

q6p8qz6wv8M

A very fair video on the whole issue. For those who tl;dr: It boils down to "Yes it sucks, yes Games for Windows Live sucks, but let's just suck it up and take it grinning this time. Both for the sake of the market, and to make sure the next game ends up on PC from the start."

ivG7V.png

If people "grin and bare it" nothing ever gets better.

That's the Namco Community Manager by the way.

If people "grin and bare it" nothing ever gets better.

That's the Namco Community Manager by the way.

I actually kind of agree to both points. I agree that we definitely shouldn't stop voicing our concerns(because they have showed they will listen, source). But I also agree that by this point, even if something else comes up what we don't like, we should bare it. We shouldn't be quiet about it, we should still voice our concern but if it does, for example, come at a higher price than you expected, I feel that we should not go into full protest mode. Not now. They have already listened to the petition to get the game on PC as well as to the petition not to get it on GFWL and they need to be shown that we appreciate that. If the game sells very badly simply because of some comparably small problem, it will be a big demotivator for developers to listen to their consumers. However if it does sell well, we show them that listening to the consumer and threatening them with respect will bring them the money. Especially on PC, where lately every time a game doesn't sell well publishers or developers jump to the piracy-excuse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Using GWL, can I access my save games somehow? Like using a flashdrive maybe? I don't really want to start over.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

*digs this thread up*

Regardless if it's for steam of GWL, I'll be buying this a second time (been trying to find a pre-order for the last few weeks, no luck). Played it and liked it for the PS3, but the console versions are a bit buggy in certain areas (Blighttown), more or less because of the hardware. Hopefully a PC port will see improvements in these areas and still be kick ass to play. My biggest hope is improved P2P protocols for co-oping, since you could rarely co-op an area with someone you knew because of the way it worked on the consoles. Damn you, Bamco, for cheaping out on us. From should've stuck with Atlus for that reason.

Also, is it just me, or does the original petition feel planted? From Software's good, but not good enough to port a console game, as well as add bonus content for it, bump the resolution/detail potential, in just a few months. I think this has been in the works and they just posted the petition to garner an idea of how many people wanted it and might buy it.

It seems that you can just buy it through Steam but still have to use GFWL. If that really is the case then you are not understanding the situation Namco.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems that you can just buy it through Steam but still have to use GFWL. If that really is the case then you are not understanding the situation Namco.

That only seems to be true for the retail boxes of the game. The articles I've read don't suggest that you'd need to use GFWL when buying it through Steam. Of course, I could be wrong, and if so I'd be more than happy to read an article that supports that.

See, the thing is that that PC gamer article seems to be gone.

Page Not Found

Sorry, but the page you're looking for has either been moved or does not exist. You can use the search box below to find for what you're looking for. Alternatively, click here to go to the homepage or click here to go back.

And none of the other straight up say that it will use Steamworks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page Not Found

Sorry, but the page you're looking for has either been moved or does not exist. You can use the search box below to find for what you're looking for. Alternatively, click here to go to the homepage or click here to go back.

It's not gone on my end, just checked. I used the link I posted here to find it.

Page Not Found

I have the same...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, that article is now gone on my end as well. Took it a few hours, though.

Anyway, the whole GFWL thing is kind of in the air, as no one is being explicit in saying whether the Steam version will or will not use GFWL. If it does come down to that, well, bummer. Hopefully later news will shed clearer (and positive) light on the subject.