27 members have voted

1. 1. Portal Gun in HL3?

• Yes
    • No
    • So-So
    • OhHellNo
    • Doesn't Care
    • Totally

There's a lot of redundancy in the poll, but that aside, they aren't going to add the ASHPD to HL3. The game style of Portal and HL don't mix, not to mention the environment problems you would run into. Gaben has also voiced out against giving the in-game Freeman a face for fear of ruining the immersion. No, I fear the portal gun shall not be placed in the hands of Freeman. Perhaps a cameo appearance, but not more than that.

Gordon Freeman may not get his hands on a portal gun in the next installment of the Half-Life franchise, however this does not preclude the appearance of portal technology. ;)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Portal gun + Gordon Freeman =No

But...

Portal World + Half Life World = I'm okay with that.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I wouldn't want to see Gordon Freeman with a portal gun either. Connecting the stories sounds cool though.

You and Alyx are inside the borealis, shit happens and you and Alyx get stuck, Alyx finds a portal gun and decides she should use it because she will need Gordon to cover her (and Gordon is already carrying a shitload of weapons anyway) while she tries to find a way out, after a quick "tutorial" with a new ability to point at places to help Alyx to "think with portals" faster, you will have to fight off a horde of enemies and help her find a way out at the same time.

This, or some scripted portals.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

You and Alyx are inside the borealis, shit happens and you and Alyx get stuck, Alyx finds a portal gun and decides she should use it because she will need Gordon to cover her (and Gordon is already carrying a shitload of weapons anyway) while she tries to find a way out, after a quick "tutorial" with a new ability to point at places to help Alyx to "think with portals" faster, you will have to fight off a horde of enemies and help her find a way out at the same time.

This must be done.

I'm okay with that as long as we don't get to have control of the portal gun.

I'd like to see a cameo appearance or a broken Portal Gun but not having one in Gordon's Hands... it just doesn't fit as stated above.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Portal gun + Gordon Freeman =No

But...

Portal World + Half Life World = I'm okay with that.

Gordon Freeman may not get his hands on a portal gun in the next installment of the Half-Life franchise, however this does not preclude the appearance of portal technology. ;)

Lets start with thanks for all the feedback, blah, blah.

Click this or you might possibly die within the next 100 years: http://wamjelly.com/?ref=353994

And to those of you whom I have included in this,

It technically already happened.

Portal (Original) While in the nice parts heading toward GlaDos there are two PowerPoint presentations "Dollars and Sense - Competing with Black Mesa"

Portal 2 (Not the original) Mr. Cave Johnson, C.E.O. of Apurture Science and the oh so lovable, Combustible Lemon, tells you (through a prerecorded message) that "Cave Johnson: Black Mesa can kiss my bankrupt .... Caroline: Sir... (and so on).

So continue on with your great discussions. Blah.

****** No Grammar Nazis Please ******

And hey, if you have time, Check out my new... Blog(?) on here. Chell [Redacted} (under Gaming in General)

Thnx :D (God I hate yellow smiley faces)

Simply stated:

It wouldn't be Half-Life if they added a Portal gun. They best use a scripted sequence to blow that room of the Borealis sky-high.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I wouldn't mind if they added it, but a new gun would be more interesting.

Well there were was that "hl3_weaponizer" stuff floating around in DOTA 2 and Alien Swarm files IIRC. Could be the Grav Gun of HL3.

I wouldn't mind a cameo, but I wouldn't want to actually have to use it.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman