Exposing people to new music

Sign in to follow this  

This is a thread I've always wanted to start. Basically it goes as this. Someone says they want to listen to a new kind of music and the people who listen to it give a few songs. One song that would help them transition from whatever they usually listen to, to this one (if you don't know of one, don't sweat it). One song that shows the genre at it's best. And one last song to show the early days of said genre. Who wants to start?

Hi Friend.

This is a thread I've always wanted to start. Basically it goes as this. Someone says they want to listen to a new kind of music and the people who listen to it give a few songs. One song that would help them transition from whatever they usually listen to, to this one (if you don't know of one, don't sweat it). One song that shows the genre at it's best. And one last song to show the early days of said genre. Who wants to start?

I wish to get into Dub-step

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

I'll name a criteria of music that i like:

Easy to sing lyrics(gender/language of singer doesn't matter, i'm an aspiring singer, so anything in a High- baritone range.)

Great guitar

and

Inspirational sounding. almost to the point of sounding depressing

I think this is more for naming a style you don't like, so we can tell you how to start liking it. Either way, my Dad always plays this on his guitar, and I always thought it was on the edge of being inspirational and depressing. The lyrics are pretty slow and simple.

JU-OSLBKwG0

I've been meaning to listen to more hard rock (I think thats the term, I'm talking like KISS and Led Zeplin), if anything because Tenacious D makes it sound like its awesome. As for current interests from which to branch from, I'm a big fan of Queen and Awolnation.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Actually shiny, I think it could also be for people who may like something from a genre and want to hear more of it but not know where to start and/or who to look up.

I've been looking for more of the following:

Drum and Base

House

UK Garage

Dubstep

Chiptune

Heck, anything electronic as long as it isn't speedcore. The above listed being higher priority.

Retired Forum Moderator

The only 2 chiptune artists I know of with a substantial amount of material are anamanaguchi and Kitune^2.

Retired Forum Moderator

Actually shiny, I think it could also be for people who may like something from a genre and want to hear more of it but not know where to start and/or who to look up.

I've been looking for more of the following:

Drum and Base

House

UK Garage

Dubstep

Chiptune

Heck, anything electronic as long as it isn't speedcore. The above listed being higher priority.

tFuujExs03A

Early

Since House music has expanded into thousands of subgenres, I'll post several examples of modern House.

sYrGs3Tyd_A

Electro House

Bk-MI2rHf4M

Progressive House

sEe8RjDvkrA

Dutch House

Hi Friend.

I'm liking the first 3, not so much the Dutch House. Most particularly the Electro House.

Retired Forum Moderator

Could someone help me with getting some music similar to this stuff?

7ndz4DwTpQ8

Ly9E30Hc5pg

YX_kez_xwJs

I am not into this type of music. Your last one made me think of B-52's, like this piece, for instance

ymmqisvThhk

Presumably, you this one already?

tR_i0sKWKEA

Regards

http://vulpvibe.bandcamp.com/track/night-music

So this is something that's been at me for a while. I've been desperately trying to search for music with a particular kind of synth in this song. You first hear it come in among the 8 bit sounds around 0:42 and once again, even more prominently around 1:28. I can only describe it as a "zipper" like sound.

It can also be heard in http://vulpvibe.bandcamp.com/track/eggs quite a bit.

Biggest problem, I've have 0 luck finding anything else with this sound. People have classified this artist as house, UK garage, and electro but none of those genre's I've been able to find anything similar.

Heck, I'll even take music with a similar sound in general.

Retired Forum Moderator

Does anyone know any good/ indie German rock/ hard rock/ heavy metal/ nuMetal / TripHop bands?

I'm into music like Mignight Oil, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Korn, Uncle, Massive Attack ect... Something from 70's but also newest ones.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Here's a selection of some stuff.

71ww3XH4zEg

OuF7VoVkSpY

Nba3Tr_GLZU

15mxiWAYSEw

QUs3i9oCs3U

Here's a selection of some stuff.

71ww3XH4zEg

OuF7VoVkSpY

Nba3Tr_GLZU

15mxiWAYSEw

QUs3i9oCs3U

I think you misunderstood me, mate. GERMAN bands like those you posted upthere xD

Indie/rock Deutsch stuff.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"