Freeman's Mind Console Commands

Sign in to follow this  

NoClip

Notarget (maybe, not sure)

Impulse 200 (he uses this to put away(holster) his weapon)

this also doesn't prevent attacking, i mean if you press the fire button the gun will still shoot at stuff.

He also sets the damage to his weapons so they're more realistic, you're going to have to ask him what he sets that to.

If i'm missing any, sorry. but he mostly only uses noclip to bypass areas one would normally pass through with the use of a pull up. He also uses Impulse 200 alot. :lol:

To make life easier for you, bind keys to those commands.

I.E:

bind N "noclip"

(you need the quotes)

"N" can be any key you want to press to activate/deactivate noclip(or whatever command you want)

to unbind keys, simply type: unbind N

Or whatever key you want unbinded.

Hope I helped. :)

Edit:

If you want some fun, bind a key to the command Impulse 76, this spawns a Human grunt. be careful where you use this though, you have to use it in an area where there are human grunts(marines) otherwise you'll crash the game.

The weapon damage command in Half Life 2 are "sk_plr_dmg_[weapon]_[damagevalue]"

For example, "sk_plr_dmg_crowbar_150". The default value for the HL2 crowbar is 4, I believe, and an RPG round is 100.

I'm not sure if the commands are the same in Half Life: Source, though. Does anyone know if they are?

Indeed, they are. You may find this in the skill.cfg file. By editing it, this will set those damage values for every time you play, preventing you to write console commands at each level change.

And by manipulating a little more the files, you can change the number of bullets per mag (like, having a magnum with 7 shots, or a rocket launcher with 4), which can certainly be useful.

You can change a game entirely by messing around with the config files, really. I did that with Duke Nukem 3D for a while.

With Quake 1 for instance, any console commands you add to the autoexec.cfg file will be executed at start, that was how I got a permanent mouselook to work in the game.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

He doesn't use this, but if you want a stronger motion blur, you can use mat_motion_blur_strength (I think) then a number higher than 1. Make sure cheats are on. This only works in the Orange Box games (HL2 and up, unless you're using an old copy of HL2 and Ep1)

Don't see why you would want more motion blur. I can't stand it.

Agreed.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Maybe if he wanted to make it seem like Freeman was high or something, kinda like that one episode of Shepard's Mind. I could see him doing that.

Shepherd took it, remember? That's why Shepherd got high in the first place...he thought Freeman's Oxy was morphine or something, and overdosed. :D

I think morphine is supposed to be stronger.

It all ends up pretty much the same stuff inside the body.

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

Maybe he finally finds his Oxy.

What's the console command for that? sv_trippingballs 1? :lol:

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Don't see why you would want more motion blur. I can't stand it.

Because some people like it.

motion blur should be used sparingly.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"