Is it actually recorded in 5.1?

Sign in to follow this  

Well, subj.

Is feedback 5.1 or 2.0? Would be interesing field to experiment on, like separating screams and thoughts to front and back speakers. Also would like to suggest some additional effects like really low "WHOOOOOF" that makes your subwoofer vibrate the floor. Or the hum...of that thing... you know, the laser :)

Move me if I'm in the wrong forum, the post

i think hes asking if the audio in freemans mind is in 5.1 surround sound or standard stereo sound. then making suggestions for a 5.1 audio mix, specifically putting different parts of the dialogue in different channels in the mix and adding in bass channel effects for certain things like the lasers low frequency hum.

well thank you :) You never know which of your ideas posted here may actually be used to improve something and which won't :D

I record in-game audio directly from the source engine, which does it in stereo when you output to video (even if it supports 5.1 in-game). Sound editors add to that, which is also in stereo. I guess 5.1 mixing would be possible, but I don't really see it as being worth all the extra time. Besides, I keep the sound effect tracks, in-game audio, music, and dialogue separate for almost the videos. If I ever make something good enough to warrant 5.1 sound, someone could always come back to "remaster" it later.

Btw Ross, how do you get HL1 to look that good, even with Source? I have HL Source on my dual-booted macbook, and it cant get close to that, despite the 2 4G ram sticks inside this bitch.

-16x anisotropic filtering

-4x4 supersampling antialiasing (with Nvidia Inspector, AMD has standard-grid supersampling on their videocards, but I think it tends to blur Source games for some reason)

-recorded at 180fps (not in real time), then downsampled to 30 to add motion blur

-Colton Rappe adds lens flares and stuff to the intro footage

but how do you tell half-life 1 to use those settings, when graphics weren't nearly as good back then?

Half-life Source, not Half-life 1. It's running on the Source engine, so everything looks better.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.