Planetside 2

Has anyone been keeping an eye on this? I've been following it for a while.

I'm one of the people who never played the original Planetside, but I did read about it. For those unaware, it was basically an FPS MMO, with different factions fighting over bases and whatnot, with tanks, air vehicles, etc.

The sequel is also an FPS MMO, and it's going to be Free-To-Play. The game's still in development, but you can apply for beta keys on the homepage (the beta is not running yet though):

http://www.planetside2.com

Alternatively, the latest issue of PC Gamer UK (141) contains a Planetside 2 beta key for priority access when it goes live.

Anyone else interested in this game?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I haven't played the first one but I have heard of this one and have signed up for the beta. It sounds really interesting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a shame we will not be permitted to discuss our beta experiences here, but for those of us who get in to the beta, we should try to organise something.

All I know is I want to be a pilot, preferably of some sort of transport. :P

It's a shame we will not be permitted to discuss our beta experiences here

How come?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How come?

There'll be an NDA I suppose.

How come?

If you've applied for the beta, note the last paragraph in the email:

Should you be selected and choose to participate in the Beta testing, everything associated with this game testing is considered confidential information, and you may not discuss it with anyone except other players through the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing forum only. Your participation in PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing is subject to the Beta License Agreement.

I've been following this game for some time now and every new thing I hear about it makes my boner even bigger. Still not sure of which faction to support, though.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

How come?

If you've applied for the beta, note the last paragraph in the email:

Should you be selected and choose to participate in the Beta testing, everything associated with this game testing is considered confidential information, and you may not discuss it with anyone except other players through the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing forum only. Your participation in PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing is subject to the Beta License Agreement.

Oh yeah, should probably read that.

I've been following this game for some time now and every new thing I hear about it makes my boner even bigger. Still not sure of which faction to support, though.

I think I will be going for the stylish Vanu Sovereignty.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going NC for their hard-hitting weapons. I prefer power over rate of fire, and in general I prefer bullets to pew-pew.

edit: Also because Vanu are a cult and the Terran Republic are full on repressive dictators.

I'm going NC for their hard-hitting weapons. I prefer power over rate of fire, and in general I prefer bullets to pew-pew.

edit: Also because Vanu are a cult and the Terran Republic are full on repressive dictators.

And the NC are unorganized dumb muscles.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks interesting and fun, but until that NDA is gone, I won't apply.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That seems like pretty pointless boycotting, then.

You pay for advantages.

I don't want to play a skill based game where skill doesn't matter if the other person has more money than you.