Why I always play Half-Life 2 on hard

Sign in to follow this  

It's funny to think that Gordon's large killcount is simply the product him getting deeper and deeper in over his head, not by any form of skill or tact.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

But that's true with all difficulties, it's just a lot harder on Hard mode. Personally I always use console commands because I think what's even funnier is him getting in way over his head yet still being able to defy all odds due to his practically invincible hazard suit.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

But that's true with all difficulties, it's just a lot harder on Hard mode. Personally I always use console commands because I think what's even funnier is him getting in way over his head yet still being able to defy all odds due to his practically invincible hazard suit.

I'm making it harder on myself.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

sk_plr_num_shotgun_pellets 5000

Not bound by sv_cheats.

Have fun!

EDIT: Also, player_throwforce 2470000000

5000 pellets and being as strong as superman aren't balanced. They're just a way to screw around in a game.

Well, i play allways on hard and this is the reason:

Everybody knows that i'm a big Half Life freak, i am proud of it 8-) - i wear the λ t-shirt and want to stick my car wth the λ-Decals, my browser and my desktop sceen are screaming Half Life!

It will be pretty stupid for me if i only play the game on easy.

But i must say... if i dont play HL for some days.. then i just lose like a beginner!

I can understand why... :?::!: after 3-4 hours it is just fine , after 2-3 days everything is perfekt.

HL 1 - Opposite Force is for me very hard.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

I also turn off the crosshair.

- Gordon Freeman

I also turn off the crosshair.

That's pretty pointless considering that Half Life 2 doesn't use ironsights.

I think I turned mine off when I tried to make it like FM a long time ago and haven't changed it back, so I generally have it turned off as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The hud is protected onto his glasses.

I turned the crosshair off because it's there when you don't have the suit.

(There's no way in hell I'm turning the hud off)

- Gordon Freeman

I just play it on default settings. No altercations whatsoever, save a FoV increase.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I've beaten HL2 on all difficulties enough time that I think I can justify using cheats to mix it up.

In fact, I'm dedicated to completing the mod MINERVA on hard and that makes HL2 hard look like a kiddie ride at disney land. I seriously never thought any HL material, mod or canon, would actually have me saving before each fight, and constantly reloading simply so I have enough health/ammo left afterwards to keep going. 1 revolver miss, 1 wasted grenade, 1 tiny mistake in a fight and you're probably in trouble.

Retired Forum Moderator