Freeman's Mind: The Ultimate Journey

Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone thought of editing together all the various episodes of Freeman's mind into a continuous video?

Yeah, sure its 4-6 hours of video, but it would be neat to just tune out and watch a whole bunch in a row, uninterrupted. Or at least break them up into feature-film size episodes.

I'm not very experienced with video editing, but if someone could suggest a free-ish editor I'll take a whack at it.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

I think the biggest problem is (I have thought about it myself, actually) that each episode begins and ends with a fade, either a fade from black or a fade to black. And there are comments made after the fade to black after each episode. Would you include those? Would you cut out the after-thought comments? There are some episodes where the camera is still moving during the fadeout. How would you treat the transfer from one episode to the next?

You can fix that by just adding a still image (Ross usually doesn't keep moving his mouse the last couple seconds) and then keeping the audio going. Or, like in Episode 31 or 2 I think, where there's moving Source water at the end, just add the same footage of the water while his heads not moving and add his voice during it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

this has been discussed in other threads before and i believe someone did put together either 1 complete(at the time) or multiple several episode videos into a torrent. dont know what ever happened with it though. i also still have the project of one i was doing but am unsure if it would even be possible for me to do considering how finicky adobe premiere elements 8 gets with long/large videos.

I'm not very experienced with video editing, but if someone could suggest a free-ish editor I'll take a whack at it.

Well the only free editor I know of is Windows Movie Maker. And that's absolutely terrible.

And I do seem to recall a torrent, but having a continuous video, perhaps once Half-Life 1 is complete, would be awesome. It would just take forever to make. And upload. And download. And watch.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I've been encoding the episodes to MPEG2 for DVD authoring. It would be really easy to combine the episodes and use cell VM commands to allow the choice of uninterrupted playback or playing 1 episode at a time. It would take a couple of DVD9s though as I was encoding them at 5000kbps.

If Ross were interested I could do it an send the discs to him to decide what to do with them...

Regards

I think the biggest problem is (I have thought about it myself, actually) that each episode begins and ends with a fade, either a fade from black or a fade to black. And there are comments made after the fade to black after each episode. Would you include those? Would you cut out the after-thought comments? There are some episodes where the camera is still moving during the fadeout. How would you treat the transfer from one episode to the next?

Maybe Ross has the unfinished videos without intro and outro effects? For the afterthought comments, I guess you could hold a still of the very last frame? I guess that would be kinda cheesy though.

This sounded a lot better on paper.

Also, I am not gonna use Windows Movie Maker. Too many bad youtube movies.

Sorry, I don't keep the raw footage once I'm done with the video, I would have run out of hard drive space a long time ago if I did. At least you have the MKV copies to work with now, which are higher quality than the WMV ones.

That's reasonable. How would you deal with the fades and the mid-credit comments?

How would you treat the differing aspect ratios? Episodes 1 to 16 were filmed in 1.33:1, so would you crop and scan the frame, or leave it pillarboxed?

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.