Can I punch a woman if I believe they deserve it?

Sign in to follow this  

Why should women be any less entitled to physical pain?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

:eh:

You shouldn't hit anyone unless they're inflicting/about to inflict physical harm on someone.

Anything outside of that is scarcely justified, regardless of gender.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

As I see it, any person who is being a total asshole, female or male, deserves a punch.

I think the whole notion of "don't hit girls" is pure gender discrimination and is pretty much based on the machocistic notion that girls are naturally weaker than men, which is utter bullcrap.

So yeah, judge by actions, not gender.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

What kind of question is this? No you do not hit a woman regardless. If she hits you bit your tongue and deal with it then let yourself out of the relationship or situation and be done with it.

So no is the answer just don't do it.

-----

Keep in mind I would only get psychical with a female if she was threatening my life with a weapon of some sorts.

But if she just hauled off and punched me for no apparent reason I would just file charges and get away from her. I honestly wouldn't feel right about hitting another female.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

What kind of question is this? No you do not hit a woman regardless. If she hits you bit your tongue and deal with it then let yourself out of the relationship or situation and be done with it.

So no is the answer just don't do it.

-----

Keep in mind I would only get psychical with a female if she was threatening my life with a weapon of some sorts.

But if she just hauled off and punched me for no apparent reason I would just file charges and get away from her. I honestly wouldn't feel right about hitting another female.

Lucky for you I don't rescent you then. But it feels kinda discriminating to me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It's not discriminating to me but I was raised in a conservative family built on morals taught never to hit a woman so it's the way I have been raised to think. Let me just hope I never have to be in this sort of situation ever in my life.

You know you always tell someone how to handle something like a fight, I remember being told as a kid how to defend myself in a fight and how not to over react so when I did get into my first fight instincts just took over and it was completely different.

In some cases you may never know what to do in situations like this until you really get into one.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Lucky for you I don't rescent you then. But it feels kinda discriminating to me.

It might be discriminating, but it's discriminating in a good way.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Adam here. I was always taught to NEVER physically attack a woman, (unless she is threatening you with a weapon) and only attack another man if he is actually attacking someone and/or causing serious trouble. Men are supposed to treat ladies like a gentleman; it's just common sense.

If you can't understand that Alyxx, then I'm sorry.

Common sense in this case is highly subjective and based on cultural upbringing. I've never been in a real fight in my life, I think that people who go around looking for fights are being extremely unintelligent, but if someone hits me, I'm going to defend myself in any manner I feel is proportionally appropriate. The gender of another person really has no relevance.

Somewhat off-topic: I don't usually post in Serious Topic Discussion because I know I'll be argumentatively annihilated in most threads due to my relative ineptitude, but I feel compelled to post here since this issue is something I think about fairly often.

As is the principle for most people, I wouldn't dare to attack anyone, whether the person is a man or a woman if it's not to defend myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if said person attacks me first. Regardless of whether or not it's a woman assaulting me, she intends on doing me harm, so why should I stand idly and substantially increase her chance of doing so? If the woman doesn't want to be injured, she shouldn't provoke people into exercising the right of self-defense (even though I'm aware that that has its limits).

My relatives are firm believers in the principle of "Don't hit a woman regardless of the context," but I've always believed that you shouldn't start what you can't/won't finish. Most women who believe that a man shouldn't so much as lay a finger on them are the ones who also claim to advocate equality regardless of gender, so doesn't that mean that self-defense is self-defense and gender isn't even in the picture?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

As is the principle for most people, I wouldn't dare to attack anyone, whether the person is a man or a woman if it's not to defend myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if said person attacks me first. Regardless of whether or not it's a woman assaulting me, she intends on doing me harm, so why should I stand idly and substantially increase her chance of doing so?

Basically this, though with varying degrees depending on the circmustance.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I think it depends on the context of why they hit you.

I really don't understand this. how can there be a situation where it's okay for a woman to hit someone without repercussion but if a man did it they would be in the wrong? I'm not saying there should ever be a disproportional response, you don't punch someone in the gut for slapping you and you don't generally stab someone for punching you, however I cannot see a rational reason why there would ever be a situation where it's okay for a certain gender to hit someone where it wouldn't be okay for another gender to do it.

Girlfriend gets mad and slaps you, you hit her back? Relationship over.

She slaps you, and you just let it slide? She hopefully forgives you eventually, and you make it up to her later for whatever you did that annoyed her.

That's basically my point.

Well, to be fair, if she attacks me and then cries foul when I attack her back, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her to begin with.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

True. But I'm just pointing out that the fact that girls tend to get much more upset about getting struck is the EXACT REASON guys are typically taught not to hit them.
Seriously?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

In terms of getting slapped once, honestly, I don't think hitting back is necessary in most cases, even if a male did it to me. If I could, I would make some attempt to avoid being hit, and I'd essentially make it known that it's not acceptable. Be it a spouse or anyone else, if you expect to be associated with me, slapping me in a hostile manner (not just some joke or anything of the sort, something done with real malice) is not going to be tolerated. Very few women would consider it acceptable to be hit whenever someone else got mad, and I do not either. I'd tell them that once, and if it happened again, I'd be done with the situation.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.