Minecraft thread

Sign in to follow this  

if you are not familiar with Minecraft, not only can many, many people tell you about it, you can check it out on wikipedia, but it also has it's own Minecraft Wiki. If you think that it seems rather interesting, like many thousands of people, then purchase beta here, or, you could play classic (a non updated browser version) for free. Feel free to post any cool mods or awesome texture packs you think need sharing! Have fun, Minecraftians!

it was only a matter of time before someone posted a thread about minecraft! god I love minecraft, I got it maybe a few months ago, and I've brought all my mates into it aswell, one criticism I have is beta multiplayer, classic multiplayer works alright, but beta online is pitiful but then, it is only a beta, so I hope when the full game comes out multiplayer will be all patched up and ready for some online crafting of mines

it was only a matter of time before someone posted a thread about minecraft!

Indeed it was. Personally, I've played Minecraft far far too much...

one criticism I have is beta multiplayer, classic multiplayer works alright, but beta online is pitiful but then, it is only a beta, so I hope when the full game comes out multiplayer will be all patched up and ready for some online crafting of mines

Other than the lack of the Nether, and sometimes lagging behind the features of single-player, what is it you find bad about playing the beta online?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I thought it was kinda obvious, but everytime I play beta online, I have to wait about 10 seconds for me to be able to collect a block, and whenever I'm trying to walk though a doorway and get teleported back outside the doorway with no chance of getting in and the fact that I can only last about 10 minutes on a server before I lose connection or crash so in short, LAG! maybe its just me but I haven't found a single beta online server that isn't like this, if you know of any that might be a little better then feel free to share (and if it would depend on what country I live in, I live in Australia)

I thought it was kinda obvious, but everytime I play beta online, I have to wait about 10 seconds for me to be able to collect a block, and whenever I'm trying to walk though a doorway and get teleported back outside the doorway with no chance of getting in and the fact that I can only last about 10 minutes on a server before I lose connection or crash so in short, LAG! maybe its just me but I haven't found a single beta online server that isn't like this, if you know of any that might be a little better then feel free to share (and if it would depend on what country I live in, I live in Australia)

I would say it is your internet-connection. There really isn't a "100%-lagg-free" server, but you shouldn't have THAT big of a problem.

OnTopic:

No need for me to kiss notch's ass here, it has been kissed enough ^^

Anyone know the zombiecraft mod? It is a recreation of the World At War zombie mode. It is not finished yet, but it is SO MUCH FUN(you can play the beta).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've only ever had this when the server I'm on has started to come under heavy strain, due to say, a massive forest fire. That causes a fair bit of lag.

Other than that, I'd say there may be something wrong on your end. The lag certainly isn't anywhere close to being as bad as that normally.

It could also be due to the fact that you live in Australia. I would advise trying to find a more local server, as you may get a fair bit of lag playing on a US or European server.

I love Minecraft. Creating massive mines and using those resources to create your next project(like making castles of glass or large creature traps) is just barrels of fun.

I've only ever had this when the server I'm on has started to come under heavy strain, due to say, a massive forest fire. That causes a fair bit of lag.

I did that once in Single-player beta;kind of amusing, but my computer nearly melted through my desk.

Wanna an almost lag-free Minecraft Server? Try http://www.fugcraft.net I run it and we split a quad i7 with 16 gigs of RAM on a gigabit line in Seatle. We have lot's of fun plugins, plus we have Nether AND normal maps. Just go to Fugcraft.net and apply for Whitelist. We also spend alot of time in our Teamspeak channel. CHeck it out and Say HYPNO sent ya (that's me)

This Is A signature That is Working.

Considering Notch is a fan of Ross, we could see him on these forums one day.

For all we know, he could be lurking here and we just don't know it...

if you are not familiar with Minecraft, not only can many, many people tell you about it, you can check it out on wikipedia, but it also has it's own Minecraft Wiki. If you think that it seems rather interesting, like many thousands of people, then purchase beta here, or, you could play classic (a non updated browser version) for free. Feel free to post any cool mods or awesome texture packs you think need sharing! Have fun, Minecraftians!

Minecraft is just too addicting...

...i played it for almost 6 months about 5h per week... I build huge castles...

But at the end you just realize that you sepent your time placing virtual blocks XD

You do realize that the post was on topic, right? Thread revival or not, his alternate option was to create a thread that would inevitably be locked by a mod that would then redirect him back to this thread.

the name's riley

You do realize that the post was on topic, right? Thread revival or not, his alternate option was to create a thread that would inevitably be locked by a mod that would then redirect him back to this thread.

It's more likely the two threads would be merged, rather than the new one outright locked. :)

But at the end you just realize that you sepent your time placing virtual blocks XD

It's at this point that you either carry on doing it anyway, or you search for mods to add more sophisticated functionality to the game, like ComputerCraft.

I've lost interest in the game not long after the full release. I honestly preferred the alpha and beta versions.

the name's riley