Who is your favorite character/enemy from Half-Life?

My favorite character is Dr. Kleiner and my favorite enemy is the Gonarch. I hate Alien Controllers and Manhacks though, because they are annoying and hard to hit.

Post who you like or don't like in the Half-Life series here.

Well, as far as favorites go, I like basically every main character besides Mossman and Magnusson. I like killing all da Combine.

I don't like killing Hunters. One because they're hard as hell. Two because they remind me of dogs and I love dogs.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

FACECRABS ARE MY FAVOURITE.

Just kidding. I don't know. I like all of them in the second game. They are pretty well desinged.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Of the NPC's I'd say Alyx is my favourite.

Enemies... not sure any of them was particular favourites however the meeting with the giant beaky tentacle monster in the rocket propulsion room was probably the most memorable moment and just the fact you have to beat him by turning on a rocket engine is kind of cool.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm with Alyxx on this one. In addition, I also like Vortigaunts... Mainly because of their name and that they can shoot lightning from their hands.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't like killing Hunters. One because they're hard as hell.

This is why I love Hunters. There are very few enemies in that game that seriously challenge you as stand-alone enemies. Plus, their model design is so beautifully smooth and elegant.

Headcrabs? Pfft! a well-timed crowbar fixes that problem.

Zombies? Nah, a double barrell shotgun blast to the head solves that problem (except Poison Headcrab Zombies, which is why I like those guys)

Combine? They're pack hunters. Easy to kill alone, but just straight up annoying in their numbers. You can't focus all your attention on one guy: You have to keep flipping all over the place (The Plaza Defense in HL2 is my least favorite part of that game)

Striders? OH FUCK YEA! Those sons o' bitches are so fuckin hard. I replay the triple strider battle in HL2 all the time, as well as the rocket defense in Episode 2, because Hunters AND Striders.

My favorite character is probably Barney, just because he's the only relatable guy in the whole damn game, and he makes for a hell of a comic relief.

My least favorite character is either Magnusson or Mossman, but most likely Mossman, because she's a gutless flip-flopper. At least Magnusson knew whose side he was on.

My favorite enemy, as you might guess, is a tie between Hunters and Striders.

My least favorite enemy is the Grunts from HL1 (and especially Blue Shift). The bee gun was so ridiculous to fight against. It just irritated the hell out of me.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

My least favorite character is either Magnusson or Mossman, but most likely Mossman, because she's a gutless flip-flopper. At least Magnusson knew whose side he was on.

Yeah, Mossman also didn't really have that much personality and she felt very underdeveloped. She was just an obvious traitor from the get-go. Magnusson also felt a bit flat although I dug the microwave reference.

I think my least favourite character probably is Gordon himself though. He has zero personality, never says a word and we only know his backstory basically. While this is cool and all and lets the player be more immersed... I dunno, I guess I just prefer shooters like Duke Nukem Forever, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Eradicator or SiN where you have characters who talk. Gordon always felt very too much like Doomguy to me. I mean, either make him totally anonymous or give him a full personality. It just didn't work with Gordon imo. Giving him a backstory but zero personality just didn't make sense and still doesn't.

This is why I am such a huge fan of Freeman's Mind. Ross gives Gordon so much needed personality and quirks and I think everyone agrees on that. It's honestly more fun watching Freeman's Mind than playing the game.

This is why I am such a huge fan of Freeman's Mind. Ross gives Gordon so much needed personality and quirks and I think everyone agrees on that. It's honestly more funny watching Freeman's Mind than playing the game.

That's my thought at least. I love being able to play a game myself. When you play with a character shell, like Gordon, he adapts your personality traits wherever he's missing them, and plus you still get some concept of his character from the way the game plays out:

1. He's a good guy, obviously. He knows what's right and refuses to accept Breen's bribes throughout HL2.

2. He's got one hell of a work ethic, unlike the way Ross makes it appear in the game. Gordon does a lot of the dirty work for everyone, simply because he's able, and he never refuses.

3. He's highly intelligent, given his MIT background and job at Black Mesa.

4. He's a kind friend, as he takes good care of Alyxx and Eli (a very cool guy if you ask me) treats him like they're best friends.

5. He's an amiable character. Everyone likes him and gets along well with him.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

4. He's a kind friend, as he takes good care of Alyxx and Eli (a very cool guy if you ask me) treats him like they're best friends.

I'm sure you mean Alyx, not Alyxx.

And yeah, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Gordon being an empty shell character, just that it's not what I prefer.

Honestly, my favorite character would probably be Father Grigori. I mean come on, whats more badass than a Russian Orthodox Monk with an 1887 Winchester killing zombies? :D

I'm sure you mean Alyx, not Alyxx.

And yeah, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Gordon being an empty shell character, just that it's not what I prefer.

Force of habit :)

Honestly, my favorite character would probably be Father Grigori. I mean come on, whats more badass than a Russian Orthodox Monk with an 1887 Winchester killing zombies? :D

Very true... It's hard to pick just one or two favorites...

Very true... It's hard to pick just one or two favorites...

Yeah, but the real reason I like father Grigori is because of his demeanor, I mean, it's almost as if he acts care free and having fun in his own little amusement park. It's as if insanity just works for him.

Breen. Not because he's the guy I'd most like to befriend or ally myself with, but because he has the most interesting character situation. I feel that Half-Life 2 kind of underused him.

Yeah, but the real reason I like father Grigori is because of his demeanor, I mean, it's almost as if he acts care free and having fun in his own little amusement park. It's as if insanity just works for him.

Oh, so you like characters like me then... So do I... And me too.

My favorite character would have to be Barney, it's who I play as in Gmod (or at least I did, until it decided to give me the very annoying blue screen).

As for enemy, I probably would have to go with Strider.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I'd have to say the 15th Security Guard you encounter in the original Half-Life. There's just something about him that's so... badass.

Took me a while to figure this out. So anyways:

Half-Life 1:

Characters:

Probably Otis (the fat security guard from Opposing Force and Blue Shift), simply because of that really weird animation of him... waving a donut around? (I have no idea if he was supposed to be eating it or what...)

Enemies:

The Houndeyes, even if their yipping gets annoying after more than a few minutes.

Half-Life 2:

Characters:

Hell, I like them all, even Magnusson. Don't make me pick here.

Enemies:

For the Combine, I like the Striders. For the aliens, I like Antlion Guards, simply because it's fun to see them barreling through an entire squad of Overwatch.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Eli Vance. I like his character and Robert Guillaume was a great voice for him.

EDIT: I should say "like(d) the character" :-(

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"