What was your first Valve game?

I didn't see this thread already, so sorry if it does exist already and please don't yell at me. Anyways, what was your first Valve game? How did you get to the other ones?

Mine was Portal. I liked it so much I went and got Portal 2. Then a few months later, after reading a lot of the Combine Overwiki and screwing about in Garry's Mod, I decided to get the Orange Box. Now I am a big Half-Life fan (though the Portal series is still my favorite). It wasn't until about a month ago that I managed to get the original Half-Life.

I'd make a poll but I'd be worried about leaving out a game. :P

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Similar situation here. A friend showed me gmod, I loved it, and bought it together with CS:S. (However I didn't really like CS:S). Some time later, I played the Portal demo. I loved it, got a cracked version. I liked it so much that I decided that Valve should really get the money for it and I bought the Orange Box. However, I decided that I won't play Half Life 2 until I have played Half Life 1, so I got a cracked version and finished it in like two months. Again, I really loved it and bought it on Steam because I felt like Valve deserves that money.

I haven't really played any new game ever since finishing EP 2 and am now hoping that Valve will release EP 3 some time before my retirement.

Half-Life 1

That was the first ever game I installed that used the hardware graphics accelerator card on my new computer...

Regards

My first experience with Valve was when my new next-door neighbor moved in and let me in to show me his HL2 map design in the SDK. After that, I got TF2, then the Orange Box, then then Half-Life, then Portal 2.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Back in 2001 or something me and a friend dropped by an internet cafe. Since there wasn't any other people there I stumbled about on one of their computers and found this popular game I had heard of called Half-Life. So I played it, thought the intro was unlike anything I had seen before and when I got to the room where everything goes to shit... My mind was blown forever. I knew I had to get this game somehow so one day I found the "Best Seller Series" edition from Sierra at my local game shop and it was a no-brainer. I bought it and since then it became one of my favourite PC games.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

First was HL2 GotY... I had been wanting to get it earlier, but I decided to wait. When the GotY edition came out, I couldn't find any reason to not get it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh, and I've got Alyxx to thank for having every Valve game ever (Except CS:GO)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I HAD TEAM FORTRESS 2 YOU LOON!

TF2 doesn't count since it's F2P.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It all started from my ex.... and through Freeman's Mind, I bought Orange Box very cheap and my first game was Half-Life 2. But mayyybeee somewhere back in my past there was some episode of HL1. I don't have good memory for things that could 've happened 10 yrs ago...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Half-Life 1. I played that and Team Fortress Classic in a LAN party at camp when I was around 11 (it was a Holiday camp but fuck me do they like their video games).

Later on I played Half-Life 2 on Xbox and stopped playing when I threw my controller at my wall for seeing Zombies coming at me :(

And then I bought The Orange Box for the PC back in December 2009 as well as CSS, Garry's Mod and Half-Life 1. I got more games as time past on.

I just... I don't even...