Command and Conquer series

Sign in to follow this  

Aww yea... Red Alert was my first strategy ever... I lost so many years in that conflict.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

ahh.. memories

C&C tiberian sun was first video game i played on PC (well, at least the one i remember anyways)- i remember how annoyed i was when in one of GDI missions (btw it was relatively early) i always hit a bug, where health of buildings AND units was constantly decreasing. i actually defeated this mission few times back then even with the bug, but more than once i forgot about that bug until it was too late XD

i especially remember one particular time where my huge attack force was just few pesky units away from victory, when... *BOOM!* "low power" *me shifting view into base, where all buildings are blowing up...* meanwhile my attack units also got killed... most painful loss ever

I am so happy though, that C&C tiberian dawn, tiberian sun and red alert are freeware now

BTW, small all around question for you c&c fans here: do you consider generals as c&c or not?

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Tiberian Sun was the first one for me. I've since played all three Red Alert games, as well as C&C3 and its expansion, and C&C4. Such a shame about C&C4.

However, I DID enjoy Red Alert 3 (I'm one of those heretics) and its follow-up, Uprising! Does anyone here play this?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

The Tiberian series and Red Alert series are fine, but they're both highly unrealistic (Einstein creating a teleportation machine? Why?) but otherwise great games.

I started the series on the original C&C... One of the best series there is. Yes Generals is awesome. (when it's run on an older system, since it has problems with new stuff and widescreen) C&C3 was OK, Red Alert 3 was cool, and C&C4 was designed specifically to kill the series. (and it worked marvelously)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Forgot about Generals! I've played quite a bit of that as well. :D

I think I mentioned this somewhere a while back, but I was once working on a mod for Zero Hour, it added Orbital Insertion, special unique Laser Soldiers, (replacements for the rocket soldiers), and all missile/projectile weapons replaced with lasers. I was just about to turn it into a working mod instead of an overpowered superweapon that would decimate the entire map, but my computer died. (this was back before I was on here) I still have most of the mod files, but I don't have the time or inclination to finish perfecting the mod.

I think I mentioned this somewhere a while back, but I was once working on a mod for Zero Hour, it added Orbital Insertion, special unique Laser Soldiers, (replacements for the rocket soldiers), and all missile/projectile weapons replaced with lasers. I was just about to turn it into a working mod instead of an overpowered superweapon that would decimate the entire map, but my computer died. (this was back before I was on here) I still have most of the mod files, but I don't have the time or inclination to finish perfecting the mod.

Did it require any programming?

Just extracting the game data files, and adding/modifying text in some of them. Wasn't hard to do once I figured out how to apply the MOAB explosion effects (knocked-over trees, multiple damage ranges, small fire effect at impact point) to a resized Chinese nuke model that used a custom texture, (looked closer to the Saturn V rocket when I was finished) make the Laser General's Command Center launch one every 8 minutes, and make it spawn 4 guys a few seconds after impact...

just reinstalled c&c 3. that with Tiberium essence mod= pure awesomness (in terms of gameplay)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

To me, C&C was killed after Renegade, which they made it be released in its Alpha stages. Every C&C game after that had tons of content removed because of EA's time constraints on the team developing them.