Humans over other animals

Sign in to follow this  

While I have no real position on this matter, I'd like to know yours. Animals are treated as less than human. They are slaughtered in slaughterhouses with varying levels of brutality, but nonetheless, animals are being killed in a large amount to feed the massive population of humans. In your opinion, how justifiable is it to kill animals in a large amount to feed humans?

I think even though animals are bred for food, they deserve a decent life. I am not against slaughtering animals for food, but I am against the treatment they receive in the process. Some of them suffer their entire life, and to me that is morally wrong on so many levels.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think even though animals are bred for food, they deserve a decent life. I am not against slaughtering animals for food, but I am against the treatment they receive in the process. Some of them suffer their entire life, and to me that is morally wrong on so many levels.

Same for me. It's natural that we kill and eat animals(heck animals themselves do it too). Yet the way they get slaughtered and the "life" they have should be made comfortable for them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, I couldn't care less about animal rights while people still think killing a baby is ok simply because it hasn't exited the womb yet.

I've also noticed that many of the pro-abortion people would be thoroughly outraged if an abortion was ever performed on a dog.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about animal rights while people still think killing a baby is ok simply because it hasn't exited the womb yet.

I've also noticed that many of the pro-abortion people would be thoroughly outraged if an abortion was ever performed on a dog.

This topic isn't about abortion though. I'm sorry to say you got a trifle off topic.

This topic isn't about abortion though. I'm sorry to say you got a trifle off topic.

Not really, since both topics are very thoroughly linked for my opinion.

I don't agree with pointless suffering, but that's about it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I think it's natural for us to kill in order to eat as it is natural for lions or tigers. What is definetely not natural is a life of suffering and crying for animals. Imaginr if some superior race came to earth and dominated us and made slaughter houses just for humans where we're grown in masses without even space to walk in constant anxiety and fear just to be killed when we're fat enough. No culture, no language, no happiness. No life at all...

That's what we do to animals...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I think it's natural for us to kill in order to eat as it is natural for lions or tigers. What is definetely not natural is a life of suffering and crying for animals. Imaginr if some superior race came to earth and dominated us and made slaughter houses just for humans where we're grown in masses without even space to walk in constant anxiety and fear just to be killed when we're fat enough. No culture, no language, no happiness. No life at all...

And that's what I'm against. Animals should be allowed to walk freely and live a good life before we eat them. Kinda like how it was when we hunted animals for food.

And that's what I'm against. Animals should be allowed to walk freely and live a good life before we eat them. Kinda like how it was when we hunted animals for food.

Only problem is that you don't make money from treating your hamburgers properly. Of course I don't want the animals to suffer for my pleasure, but when you have to feed a gazillion people you can't afford to think of anything but profits. It's sad but that's how our world works.

I still think it's wrong. And I hope for a future where more respect is shown to animals.

I'm pretty sure that if we don't at some point something is gonna come back bite us in the ass, probably some super advanced pigs and cows...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

"That's how the world works" doesn't cut it here. If you go on every topic here and say "that's how the world works" it still won't cut it. This isn't a forum for trying to change everything. It's a topic for discussing ways to change everything, or at least discussing what is wrong. Of course we have oil problems Ross, but that's the way the world works. If we discuss things, we can make an influence in a small group of people, possibly, but you can't go on a forum for discussing Civilization's issues with the idea in mind of "That's how the world works". Sorry for being blunt, but it's true.

I agree with Nomo. I think we should be allowed to hope and dream.

No! Your hopes and dreams must be smashed so you will work for a lower wage, care less about everything, and eat artificial foods.

Kinda like most animals...

Let's just skip the animals and move straight to soylent green.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Other animals can and do kill their prey even more brutally than we do, though how/if the prey perceives it emotionally is a question. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be that fly caught in a spider's web, or the little animal which first gets its legs bitten off by a lion before the job is finished. The fact we humans (most of us anyway) have compassion and conscience at all puts us in a special position in nature.

Other animals can and do kill their prey even more brutally than we do, though how/if the prey perceives it emotionally is a question. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be that fly caught in a spider's web, or the little animal which first gets its legs bitten off by a lion before the job is finished. The fact we humans (most of us anyway) have compassion and conscience at all puts us in a special position in nature.

I think animals have emotions as well, but maybe not in the same way.

I dont see how people get mad over the animals being made into food. think of it like this, if there were no meat what would we live off? greens will only last so long to feed an entire planet of people. at this point were still having trouble feeding everyone on this planet. I do think animals have feelings but we just dont know it, but we have to do what we have to do to survive as a race. if we did not well we would be over run with everything and even with the technology we have, it would never stop a horde of animals eating our fields. When we make food out of animals we dont just kill them and destroy the population of them. We keep the population of the species in check.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.