Unepic Audition + Small Contest

I've mentioned before that I've been working on many different things since I've left Machinima.com, well here's one of my failed attempts. Several weeks back, one of the viewers informed me of a voice acting audition for the game "Unepic." I contacted the developers and they sent me a giant script of all the lines, and was told I could apply for as many as I wanted. I applied for several different roles, but unfortunately didn't make the cut. I found out however, that I was a finalist for the lead role, and was the #2 pick (although maybe they tell everyone that). Anyway, for those that are curious, I'm posting all the takes I submitted to them:

Audition for "Unepic" 3.8MB ZIP (contains MP3s)

- - -

CONTEST:

As a consolation prize for participating in the audition, I was also given a key for a free copy of the game. I'm currently way behind on games I want to play, plus I've already had this spoiled a bit by seeing the script, so I thought I would give it away instead. If you want to try and win a free copy of the game, go ahead and post a screenshot from any game you want in the forum thread (link below). They should be real screenshots from a real game, not a faked one made in Photoshop. I'll give this contest a week or two, whoever posts the screenshot I like the best will win a copy of the game. Alternately, you can email me with the subject "SCREENSHOT" and send me a link to your screenshot instead. To keep people from going insane, I'll put a limit of 3 screenshots per person.

More news coming soon!

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Fun! Unfortunately I already have Unepic, so I won't be participating in the competition. I will however post a screenshot...

1024x575.resizedimage

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

does it have to be a screenshot we took?

I'll post this one for now, its just me looking awesome in APB:Reloaded

ScreenShot00015-1_zps8dbbdba1.png

i'll post 2 more screenshots later if i find some good ones

onow.png

:l perfectly non-shopped game....

(tbh I don't have any games I'd screenshot on my computer because I had to set my computer back to factory default recently and they're all in my parent's attic which is a 6 hour drive away... although these are a good use for the sprites for the pet adoptable site that I'm making)

I guess I have minecraft... .-. but all I have to show you guys there is the giant gaping holes that go on forever that plague my worlds...

Edit: ouch guys spoilers are your friends you're making the page stretch

Wow, the "daniel" directory like listening to Freeman in this game. ;)
Unlike the other roles which mostly had a dozen or less, the "Daniel" one had 1000 lines, I damn well wasn't going to get too inventive on that one; plus they wanted a sarcastic character.

I have a good one. A number of years ago, I tried to play HL2 on my super old computer.

For the longest time I couldn't play at all, because it was so lame. Then one day my friend lent me a spare graphics card of his so I could actually play my games. This went on for a while until he finally had me return it. However, I still had the graphics drivers for the card on the machine. From then on, I could still play some games, but this is what they looked like:

67CBB81DC9FDC06D22BF570A75C1FE3061DB19B8

In case you can't tell, that's Ravenholm.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

And for my last two screenies

"A religious person might say something about this"

8EDAB998792EAF5BDBDD61A5B03D471B1C0A4310

"So... how long you plannin on staying there?"

0D2DB1A655F14DC683ECFBE10C06124C0CD0134C

I have a good one. A number of years ago, I tried to play HL2 on my super old computer.

For the longest time I couldn't play at all, because it was so lame. Then one day my friend lent me a spare graphics card of his so I could actually play my games. This went on for a while until he finally had me return it. However, I still had the graphics drivers for the card on the machine. From then on, I could still play some games, but this is what they looked like:

67CBB81DC9FDC06D22BF570A75C1FE3061DB19B8

In case you can't tell, that's Ravenholm.

Jesus H. Christ... this reminds me of my old computer that was trying it's hardest with windows vista.

Got tired of the wanted levels when trying to take planes, so i found about a bug that turns cops off.

Snapshot_20130921_160456_zps8fc49f86.jpg

That is how i got that plane

I know you're a DF fan, ross, so here's a little something I came across in my travels:

zns9s1.jpg

Asno SwelterFires, The Parched! A wretched fire demon that sits atop the cursed throne of PaperDevils, lording over the sinister, arid plane from his twisted, obsidian tower!

2hgvdaf.jpg

But, alas, poor Asno's reign was short. The demon raged against the interlopers of PaperDevils until even the obsidian tower itself was aflame. From the safety of my Dwarven outpost, I watched. The sea of flames sparked by the demon engulfed indiscriminately! Goblins, Elves, Dwarves (many of whom my sworm compatriots!), Kobolds... Friends and foes... Subjects and interlopers... None were spared. And as Asno descended on the flaming field, his demonic laughter could be heard for leagues away! Death was his only joy, the inferno his only companion! And, oh, how he embraced the flames when they met. Oh, how he clung to the embers though they scorched his flesh. And the embrace was returned ten fold!

v5vps1.jpg

His hatred and anger consumed him that day. PaperDevils had become his pyre. He stood laughing in the flames at the destruction he had wrought. Asno! A demon born in flames was taken once more from this world by their embrace.

[you'd think a fire demon would be a little bit more fireproof! Unfortunately, this ruined my plan of caging him and then creating a fire demon run incinerator ): ]