1. 1. which generation is the best?

• I (Red/Blue/Yellow)
    • II (Gold/Silver/Crystal)
    • III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
    • IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
    • V (Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
    • VI (X/Y)

Sign in to follow this  

I didn't know where to put it but I guess the gaming section is the best, I will not hate you if you remove this into indie games tho 8-)

Let's have this started, first I saw it when my friend showed me emulator then I downloaded it and played as a kid, mostly in emerald, soulsilver and diamond. Few months ago one of my friends lent me a nintendo DS and now I can play White 2 anytime. And it's really good, the story is way more improoved the graphics is nice and it's very enjoyable to play. The only problem is that you can't unlock all pokemons until finishing the story and there's no pokemon saffari which I miss, but I think it's a very well done game.

here's my team:

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0ziv.jpg

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0zi6.jpg

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0zhs.jpg

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0zha.jpg

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0zgv.jpg

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d7b0zih.jpg

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Pokemon isn't an indie game... It's Nintendo, and only Nintendo.

I personally haven't played anything past gen 4, but according to several people who's opinions I trust, gen 5 is the best. (beating X/Y by a long ways too if they're to be believed)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I started when Pokemania was at it's height, RBY, Stadium, anime, trading cards (not playing, just collecting) , the whole shebang. I stopped after ruby/sapphire and just recently got back in when we had 2DSs on sale. Y has been fun. I'm real impressed that they've managed to get Pokemon Stadium quality graphics on a handheld. Haven't really touched the game in months because of other stuff but all in all, pokemans is still fun all around for big kids too.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I have trouble playing anything after gen 1 and 2. It feels like they just went: "Well, we have no more ideas but we gotta make more money, so just make some cute random cats and put -mon at the end of the name and we will be fine"

Also: Charmeleon is the best pokémon imo, Blastoise is close second.

"Life sucks sober!"

Yeah kind of but like I said everything is updating out there and I;m not talking only about pokemon itself, but the stories and characters, even the fact they made something like a tamagochi in Y/X so you can't say they are only adding new pokemon. Everything goes forward.

And I was allways a huge fan of water pokemon anyway.

Yeah kind of but like I said everything is updating out there and I;m not talking only about pokemon itself, but the stories and characters, even the fact they made something like a tamagochi in Y/X so you can't say they are only adding new pokemon. Everything goes forward.

And I was allways a huge fan of water pokemon anyway.

The question is if they are updating it for the better or for the worse, but that is a matter of opinion.

Also, Ive only played water pokemon about 10 times in total, grass is even less and Ive played fire about a million... I fucking loved playing fire as a kid, except for the first gym in R/B/Y... (yellow counts since you have to start with pikachu and we all know electric vs rock works out fine)

That moment when you have a level 100 charizard and you are a god.

"Life sucks sober!"

Indeed. I got that by gym 4... (I did a LOT of grinding)

Are you me? I always did this as a kid. Car trips were long back then...

"Life sucks sober!"

I think Gen III was the solidest generation to date, with an amazing new Region (Hoenn) and the awesome 1st gen remakes, plus the GameCube Spinoffs and stuff. Next, Gen 6 because it is freaking amazing. X and Y are the best Pokémon games to date, they seem like the perfect balance of old and new Pokémon, an awesome new region, the graphics are great and the dialogues and criminal team keep getting better with each generation. BTW Jake, that's a very handsome Dragonite.

Guys, have you heard of PokemoN Showdown? It's an online battling simulator. It's great if you're interested in competitive battling :)

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

ahah yeah but my swampert would eat your charizard alive!

I only play on PC emulators... I'm not going to pay hundreds for something I can get free.

I only play on PC emulators... I'm not going to pay hundreds for something I can get free.

Well so do I nowadays (mostly on my phone, though) since you can speed it up and get more games.

As a kid, I had my gameboy and pokémon blue (still have them, they are in my storage)

Its a nice thing to have when you are in school and bored as fuck...

"Life sucks sober!"

I used to have a GB color, but I only had it because it had bent cartridge receiver pins, and I was going to fix it... My Mom threw it away a week before I got the tools needed to fix it. Had 3 Pokemon, and 4 other games for it too. (all trashed because my Mom didn't see any reason to keep them)

I know people who would pay more than the original price just to have a working GBC and those games. (would've been about $350 in my pocket 6 months ago)

That's why I said, it's fun to have nintendo to play but personaly I wouldnt buy it.

I'm not sure which generation is my favorite, but I love the fairy type pokemon in X. Not just because they're adorable, but because fairy type moves range from being majestic to hardcore which I think is totally badass. I mostly just watched the anime when I was younger though and picking up X is the first time I've played in a long time (like, since I beat blue when I was 8 or 9.) Always been a fan of the originals because of the anime though.

Sometimes when one of my friends has a coughing attack, I'll just say "koffing" in that really deep voice, lol :D

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." -- Oscar Wilde