What is most important for you in a game?

What is most important in a game for you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important in a game for you?

• Gameplay
    • Graphics
    • Storyline
    • Multiplayer
    • Depends on game/other

Sign in to follow this  

So what is most important for you in a game?

For me most definitely the storyline.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends on the game tbh, like HL Series storyline 100% most important thing, TF2 though storyline is a bonus and balance gameplay is the most important.

Storyline, Characters, Gameplay and original Setting

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Depends on the game for me. If it has a good storyline then I don't really need good graphics to be drawn into it. But gameplay is also very important.

Regarding graphics, as long as they don't look horrible, I'll be okay. Doesn't matter if it's an old EGA DOS game or the latest Crysis game.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Couldn't care less about multiplayer, gameplay and storyline are most important, graphics come next.

Depends entirely on the game. Storyline is the redeeming quality in some games, whereas in others it would be just fine without any story.

HL series, it's all about story for me. (and the modability) The Battlefield games are all about balanced multiplayer, and good gameplay. Crysis and FarCry were always about the graphics to me, but the story was cools too. Assassin's Creed Series is all about story. World of Warcraft is all about story and gameplay. Classic arcade games like Contra and Silpheed are all about gameplay.

I can do more, but I feel it's already become redundant.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a feeling that games lately have become increasingly reliant on graphics and story over original gameplay. At least in the mainstream.

I agree... Hopefully DX:HR and AC:B will fix that, and bring gameplay back up on par with the GFX and stories...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

In general I'd story line over anything else, second is gameplay, and third is the multiplayer. But again these can be interchanged depending on the game.

It really does depend on the game. Story is important in the games that require a storyline, but sometimes the type of game may mean that the story doesn't have to matter so much, like in a racing game such as Dirt 2 for example, or a primarilly multiplayer game, or some sort of management/strategy game such as Civilization V, where you start from the beginning and kind of create your own story as you play.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

matters on game

for shooters i want good teamplay (no cod) and realism (only in some i love tf2)

obviously good story i rpg's and things like that and gameplay in sports games