Which games do you recommend?

Sign in to follow this  

Call of Duty 5: World At War (Really, it's a good game)

No one worth their opinion would argue that, it's everything after the first Modern Warfare that is borderline (debatable) crap.

CoD5 expanded largely upon CoD4 by introducing bigger maps, longer matches, fucking TANKS, it makes current ground war gamemodes look like a joke, hell, even puts PC CoD4 matches to shame.

And I'm sure more people would rather play a game of MW2 or BO2 than a game of CoD4. Not to say that CoD4 is bad, it's just not as complex or dynamic (or, dare i say it, FUN) as the other two.

the name's riley

The only thing I can remember from CoD 5 is anger and frustration with the campaign, which may be a good thing considering the potty training level of difficulty current CoD games have in their singleplayer.

Also, nobody put Vampire: The Masquerade in their list?

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Cave Story

Iji

OFF

These are must have games, and to sweeten the deal, all are freeware.

I second OFF, big time. That game was so weird and so good.

Are the other two you suggested like OFF? Because if so, gonna have to check those out.

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." -- Oscar Wilde

Am I really the only one here that enjoys Splinter Cell???

Alright here's what I recommend:

Splinter Cell (nothing beats the original)

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (This one has to be one of my favorites)

Splinter Cell: Conviction (Completely different in terms of mechanics, but I'm enjoying it so far)

Splinter Cell: Double Agent is full of bugs so I wouldn't recommend it (Saving the game crashes) and I haven't tried Blacklist.

I just... I don't even...

I just haven't played many of them post-original, and the original hasn't aged well.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Cave Story

Iji

OFF

These are must have games, and to sweeten the deal, all are freeware.

I second OFF, big time. That game was so weird and so good.

Are the other two you suggested like OFF? Because if so, gonna have to check those out.

They're unique in their own way, but definitely worth a go.

Also, add Undertale to the list.

MGS V: Phantom pain.

been playing it a lot lately- i have to admit, strapping balloons to everything makes game so much fun

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

If you want awesome indie 2D puzzle games with incredible soundtrack and riveting storylines, I suggest Gunpoint and Braid.

In Gunpoint, you play as a private detective that has the ability to re-route electricity lines. Which means he can do things like using light switches to open electric doors and using fire alarms to turn on computers. The entire game is a stealth puzzle game where you have to hack into computers without being seen by guards and you use your ability to your advantage in many creative ways. The game's aesthetic has a cool neo-noir atmosphere blended in with soft sci-fi. If you're into tech noir like I do, you'll love this game. The story's about the main guy getting framed for a murder he only witnessed and his journey of bringing the actual crook to justice. But stuff gets REALLY complicated at the end in the best way possible. The story is surprisingly solid and enjoyable.

Braid is a puzzle platformer where you have the ability to move backwards or forwards in time at will. As you go on, you start getting other time-based quirks that challange your puzzle-solving ability like slowing down time or simultaneously playing with two different timelines. The story is a pretty basic tale about a guy who's trying to find a princess that was kidnapped by a monster, just like Mario actually. But as you go on, you start to find out that his journey isn't as noble as it's first made out to be. And the ending is just mindblowing. If you like abstract visual designs with fairy tale inspirations and music that is akin to modernized English folk, you'll enjoy this game.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

Undertale, I really don't need to get in to detail about this one

If you're one of those odd folk who haven't played it yet, please do so

Freedom Planet, there are a few flaws about this game, but they can be overlooked for the most part.

This game controls far better with a gamepad, so I suggest picking one of those up if you don't have one.

Starbound, though the folks behind this game had a history of shady PR and business practices, that's all in the past now.

This game has come a long way and holds up on its own even as a beta. It's basically Terraria with a bigger emphasis on adventure, if that sounds appealing to you at all.

Kerbal Space Program, this game has a steep learning curve but youtube tutorials make it a whole lot easier to deal with

It's unlike anything else out there, an aero/astronautics and physics simulator with a sense of humor. One of those games you lose the time in, definitely worth picking up

the name's riley

Stardew Valley. A cute indie title that recently came out. It's essentially Harvest Moon on PC but with more interesting characters, more quality of life improvements and generally all around great. It was made mostly by one person with some help from Chucklefish (Publishers of Starbound and Risk of Rain) and it is a quality work of art that will have you playing for a long time, I'm pretty much hooked on the game and have been binging it like crazy.

Deus Ex

Spec Ops: The Line (No great gameplay, but really, if a game makes me feel physically sick, how can i not recommend?)

Metal Gear Solid Series

The Wolf Among Us

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Metro 2033/Last Light

Next on the list would be Devil May Cry but i can't really recommend that because it caters to a very specific audience.

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutschöne Maid!

Küss mich zum Ruhm, sei mein Geleit!

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutgeiles Biest!

Der Tod ist dein Meister aus Stahl!

Should add you need mods to fix it as the game was a very rushed thing and the PC version got the short end of the straw with it. Still, a really good game.

I highly recommend Hacknet. Also The Mean Greens is a fun game if you like Toy Soldiers. We need more players :)

edit: Also Undertale is so amazing. Killer soundtrack and a very fun game.

Should add you need mods to fix it as the game was a very rushed thing and the PC version got the short end of the straw with it. Still, a really good game.

Yeah, I really pushed it when I played it vanilla. I got stuck on top of a tiny cardboard box once.