What the hell is going on? Poor animals.

Sign in to follow this  

Lately, more and more stories seem to surface, where tourists or just people have been dangering animals lives (and sometimes killing them) just to get a photo. For example today i read bulgarian women fatally injured a swan so she could take a picture with it.

Just.. what the hell? What are those people thinking? Are they even capable of thinking? Is goddamn picture so damn important that you pull animal out of its enviroment it can live in or injure it to get picture in your facebook or instagram or whatever?

Those people should lable those pictures as "LOOK AT ME! IM A GODDAMN MORON!"

Just.. a bloody picture? i honhestly dont want to believe people are that stupid, yet... proof is there.

This reminds me quote from doctor dolittle book, where some bird said it: "people look at us, say "oh, so pretty" and then send bullet after us".. I honhestly wonder what author would write if he saw situation of today...

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Come to Australia. X3 We love our animals.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

It's an extremely depressing (though perhaps inevitable) symptom of a world increasingly connected by social media. I'm not faulting the technology by any means, but a side effect of its prevalence is the evolution of a new breed of culturally adrift fools that will go to terrifying lengths to draw unwarranted attention to themselves. In lieu of endeavouring to do anything meaningful with their lives or even just trying to be decent individuals, they are willing to put their dignity on the backburner and even endanger themselves and others to leap on some idiotic bandwagon on "oneupmanship".

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

^Second. Everyone wants to be noticed. It gives them a sense of validation. The level playing field of the internet gives them such an opportunity, it will drive them to perform the most god-awful things.

The best thing to do is ignore the fuck out of them.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Yeah, I read about that Argentinian dolphin (or was it a shark?). Stupid people everywhere...

latest cases include baby dolphin that was passed around for selfies, a shark (that luckily survived) and swan.

No thanks. We love animals here as well AND we lack such spiders. i am terrified of them.

Well, if it cheers you up, the people who do this kind of horrible stuff are probably also the same kinds of people who kill themselves taking selfies.

Not so much better, but hey, better hurt yourself than someone else. And natural selection at work

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, I read about that Argentinian dolphin (or was it a shark?). Stupid people everywhere...

latest cases include baby dolphin that was passed around for selfies, a shark (that luckily survived) and swan.

That, unfortunately is not anything new...

People's been doing it for millennia... called it "trophies" even before photography has even been invented...

Only now - with the technology being accessible to such a wide portion of the population, it automatically got into the hands of ever larger quantities of morons...

They should be encouraged to take selfies with a bunch of hungry tigers and lions, or in an alligator pen a few minutes before the attendants

Reverend_UshankaCat_ wrote:

Well, if it cheers you up, the people who do this kind of horrible stuff are probably also the same kinds of people who kill themselves taking selfies.

Not so much better, but hey, better hurt yourself than someone else. And natural selection at work

bring meat to feed the reptiles...

No thanks. We love animals here as well AND we lack such spiders. i am terrified of them.

But you have bears! :D Going to the woods and meeting one-on-one a bear or a spider - I'd rather take the spider :P

And natural selection at work

But the ultimate resourse for Human genome self-purification is found here, of course:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

:lol:

Regards

There was an incident, a kid you not, where a bunch of idiot new yorkers came down to New Jersey during the summer, pulled a shark out of the water (It was a small shark, I think it was still an infant? I don't remember) and passed it around to take pictures with. People talk about building a wall around Mexico but I'd settle for a wall to block out New Yorkers.

difference is, that trophies actually find some use (animal parts are at least used somehow), while these morons just take picture and post on social media where nobody cares.

Bears i can handle- bears dont sneak up on you and even if they do, they are remarkably calm animals.. unless you get between mother and cubs. Or piss them off somehow. And even then, you can get away from bears, if you know how.

I know it's sadistic and it probably reveals more of my inherent misanthropy than I should care to admit, but I love hearing stories or seeing videos of people getting into trouble with animals due to their own stupidity. Those TV programs titled "World's Worst Animal Attacks!" ought to be renamed "World's Least Deserving Recipients Of The Gift Of Life".

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa