Freeman's Mind

Sign in to follow this  

640x480 WMV (82MB)

Well this is the pilot episode of my side series I'm experimenting with. It isn't Civil Protection, but it's in a similar vein of humor. Basically the premise is that in the Half-Life series, the protagonist Gordon Freeman is entirely silent the whole time. So what this series aims to do is fill in the silence with his thoughts. I tried to make this as entertaining as I could, but the format is very different, so I'd like to hear feedback on this.

This was an experiment, and I think it may have some shortcomings. The format of this added many constraints on what I was able to accomplish with the writing, and may have made the humor suffer somewhat as a result. It made me realize just how much more freedom I had with Civil Protection. Unless I get waves of support to do this along with CP, I’m probably going to discontinue this. But feel free to check it out anyway.

machinima dont work me for again >.<

i can only download it but cant watch it there

shall i upload it to divx stage6 ?

just watched these episode

and...

its not that funny

and i also discovered one of the problems why it isnt that funny

its just a monolouge hes talking with hisself

a dialouge would improve this and would make room for more jokes

but still its well done and i cant wait to see more of things like that

maybe nexttime with dialouges

Hey Ross,
Very good! Very inventive, yet simple! I think everyone who plays the half-life series will have had different opinions on what goes through Gordon Freeman's Mind during the story, but this will now probably become what everyone who watches these will hear in their heads as they re-play these levels.
Oh and pixel, there is only one person in Gordon Freeman's Head, so a dialogue would be a bit difficult.....

Hahahaha. I loved this one. Great monologue. Perhaps you should do Half-Life 2's beginning too? Or the episodes?

Ah hell, can't wait to see more! Keep up the good work!

real nice and yet so simple.

keep it up.

This is hilarious, please continue this series! I lol'd at most of the lines

It doesn't make much sense because it seems like it's his first time entering the facility.

It should also be much more of what he's thinking, whereas you had him basically talking to him self and answering other people in his head.

First of all, i'd like to say that you have an amazing imagination and very original ideas.

I really wasn't expecting it, so i laughed my ass off. The humor is good enough for a pilot and i'm sure you can do way better. The "sucker" part is absolutely amazing. I thought i was going to fall off the chair.

It's a somewhat boring monolouge because it practicaly takes place in the same place I'm sure that with action, it will be a lot more funny since you will have a lot more to work with

Selfish suggestion: It would have been reeaaaally funny for the first loading screen to come up, after starting, and for Gordon to lose track of what he was thinking, or if he would have said, startled: "Whoa, what was that?!" )

The most pleasing fact about this new series is that it takes practicly no work or efort to be done You could churn out 2-3 episodes a week if you have the inspiration for writing it

Good luck, Ross. Keep this show comming, it has AMAZING potential

This is actually really good! I originally thought that it would be a secondary thing, a kind of bonus, but it turned out great. Just your voice cracks me up, so imagine the excellently written monologue! I encorage you to continue with this one, if you can manage making this and Civil Protection. If not, just choose whatever you want, they're both great.

i lov it already, finally gordon freeman, a once voiceless protagonist, now has a voice that i can truely understand and laugh at.

Well, this was just the Tram ride, I am very much looking forward to the actual play through.

I did like it, and would definitely like more. Nice work!

I laughed quite a bit at the entire episode. First time I heard "Whoa... We're gonna crash!", along with Gordon's jump to the back of the train, I could not stop laughing. I missed seeing G-Man the first time, I was laughing so hard. Very well done, given the constraints of the HL one engine (inability for poser and the like). Very well put together. I enjoyed very much and would like to see more if you choose not to discontinue it.

That was pretty good, however, unless you've got a "Gordon do this, Gordon do that, Gordon save the world, Gordon get me a latte, Gordon walk the dog." bit later on, it won't be accurate to *my* experience with the game.

I think its very well made and witty with its comments. It's no CP but its a good side story. Keep up the good work.

I don't know how many positive comments you need to be inspired to continue, but I really hope that you do. I thought the whole thing was really funny. And as others have noted, that's impressive considering the material you were working with--a long ride in by monorail to Gordon's work.

If nothing else, please go with this idea long enough to see how it goes when you start dealing with aliens and whatnot. I think that some of those battles could offer great material for Gordon's inner monologue.

Yo ross after watching your newest video again, i cant help but notice that gordon has some pretty bad ADD and ... EWWWW LOOK A ROBOT!!!11!ONE!

All of your clips have talent. I've shared your CP pieces with several dozen people. But I agree, in principle, with pixel. The format here gives you less material to work with, and the humor is good, but it doesn't compare well with CP. A two-way conversation has much more room for conflict, misunderstanding, confession, irony -- the things that fuel humor.

CP is genius. Stick with it.

i think you should just do this for you spare time.
civil protection is better becouse it has two main carecters which talk to one another, this has one man with his own thoghts, basicly his talking to himself.
i say you should stick to CP for longer.