Your all time favourite game

Although we do have a topic for your top 5 games, I think we still need one so people can post about their all time favourite game.

Having a hard time picking the greatest? Most people I've met have a game that they just know it's their favourite. When you play it, you just know that this is the one!

For me it's TrackMania Sunrise. Damn it's great! Even though there is TrackMania United with a few improvments and additional content, it can't beat the Sunrise's atmosphere. Just thinking about driving at 800 (mph or kph who cares?) on a WALL, at night, competitors close by and knowing that one wrong tap of a button will screw it up. Trying to go a little faster every time to get that next medal just a few fractions of a second ahead. My all time favourite is this:

[attachment=2]1758_large.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]tn_565_8.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]b.jpg[/attachment]

EDIT: hope the last picture isn't causing much trouble

Bioshock. The gameplay was fun, the graphics aren't that bad(the water graphics are very good actually) and the story is amazing. I just love it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then wouldn't you like System Shock 2 even better? Or is it the 40's atmosphere and "that sinking feeling"?

Then wouldn't you like System Shock 2 even better? Or is it the 40's atmosphere and "that sinking feeling"?

I haven't actually played system shock 2(but i might soon), but as far i know it is set in space and i also really loved the old, kind of steampunk feel that rapture had to it. It really makes me wonder how it looked in it's glory days.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't actually played system shock 2(but i might soon), but as far i know it is set in space and i also really loved the old, kind of steampunk feel that rapture had to it. It really makes me wonder how it looked in it's glory days.

System Shock 2 is very old so hopefully you're someone who can look past the graphics if you play it. I did when I played it around a year or two ago, and I enjoyed it.

You'll have a hard time buying it anywhere these days though.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

No worries, if the game is good i have no problem looking past graphics. Also if i really can't find a way to buy it i will probably just torrent it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No worries, if the game is good i have no problem looking past graphics. Also if i really can't find a way to buy it i will probably just torrent it.

Sadly I had to. The thing just isn't sold anymore.

Still, there's always the hope that it might pop up on Good Old Games...

I can't answer the question. But maybe...Hmmm.... Deus Ex. Every time I play it, I discover something new.

deusex1.jpg

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Deus Ex was great and even though the cheesy dialogue ruined some parts of it, I loved the deep storyline and the intense attention to detail.

It's impossible for me to name my favourite game. I've played so many games that have made me addicted to them that I just cannot name one. I consider it much easier to just make a list of my favourite games. My favourite game often depends on my mood and stuff. At the moment I'd say Bulletstorm.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

All games that come close to being my favorite fall short in a few aspects, that usually render a bunch of games I like a lot into this bubble-like entity of games whose experiences I value, but none of them are my favorite.

Half Life 2 and successors had me at "Rise and Shine", but ever since I watched Speedruns as well as took some levels apart in SourceSDK, I've never had the same level of awe in Source based games- that is, until Portal 2 does amazing things with the newest version.

Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door was very fun and had all sorts of interesting design choices and clever characters, but many elements of the story were markedly childish, which slightly hampered my ability to make it an ideal game. That, and some elements of grind or otherwise sluggishness of a game. Although it never stopped me from getting 100% completion.

Team Fortress 2 for all its faults is objectively a fantastic game. I only wish there was some kind of story-mode single player that was all about platforming or some other kind of interesting twist of gameplay apart from the gamemodes supplemental to "Kill other players".

Ace Combat Zero, being part of the Ace Combat series has one of the most well developed storylines and backstories of any video game, bordering on the level of detail like that of J.R.R. Tolkien at times, and I've always loved aircraft combat video games. But something always felt missing from many of the missions, and I have yet to discover what it is.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Deus Ex was great and even though the cheesy dialogue ruined some parts of it, I loved the deep storyline and the intense attention to detail.

It's impossible for me to name my favourite game. I've played so many games that have made me addicted to them that I just cannot name one. I consider it much easier to just make a list of my favourite games. My favourite game often depends on my mood and stuff.

Same.

My current: HL2: Cinematic Mod w/ Adult Pimper.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Then there's the matter of making System Shock 2 work on your, I assume, modern comp. I had trouble getting it to work on my (single core!) tower with XP. It just hates my laptop with win7 and 8600GT. SS2 tends to dislike all modern GPUs, with the exception of integrated graphics.

If you really are going to get SS2, you're going to need quite a lot of luck and skill.

System Shock 2 required much tweaking before I could get it to work properly on my PC. I have a feeling I even got it to run at 1680x1050.

FFX-2 It's like Heavy Rain, in replayability, except way longer. It had the replay value of 3 years for me.

More games need to explore the possibilities of a New Game + feature, and create content that requires several, 5 or more, playthroughs without losing all character progress and unlocks from starting a new game. Ratchet/Jak games were on the right track, except they didn't add much variety for subsequent playthroughs.

Most highly acclaimed games are just simply great for one playthrough, but then you wouldn't quite play them again for months, unless you haven't got many other games available for you. I don't think these games are "best of" material, no matter how great and fun they might have been.

Mines are Star Fox 64, Half-Life, TLOZ: Ocarina Of Time, HL 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee and of course,

pepsimanxD.jpg

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I think the games that are contenders for all time favourites of mine are Tetris, Super Mario World and Doom.

Tetris eh? Ever tried First Person Tetris?

http://firstpersontetris.com