Youtube ads

Sign in to follow this  

I youtube A LOT. And i am pretty sure that most of you have also noticed all the ads on the videos. And sometimes they are ridiculously long(redicoulusads.png). But they do keep youtube free.

What are your opinions on youtude ads?

I think it was fine when they were just little flash ads NEXT to the video. But now you are forced to sit trough them in order to watch your video, which in my opinion is annoying as hell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't get them that often, hardly at all in fact.

It depends on how much you are on youtube, but it also depends on what kind of channels you watch. Videos from channels with youtube partnership have a lot more ads.

For example VEVO, which makes listening to music in a playlist very annoying.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a ridiculous length for a Youtube advert.

I believe Adblock Plus can block them.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It works for some but by far not all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It works for some but by far not all.

Well each time an advert that comes up that isn't blocked for Youtube, you view the elements in the page and block the ad element (the URL is usually obvious).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I have never been forced to watch ads, only click the x on the ones that pop up on top of the video.

I'm talking about the video ads that play before you can actually watch the video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm talking about the video ads that play before you can actually watch the video.

Yeah...Never had one of those. it must suck.

Is it just an American thing?

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I use Adblock Plus and it blocks pretty much all the ads one would usually see on Youtube. I hate those adverts as well; but back before I even discovered ABP they were all only thirty seconds long. Even the ads on Hulu don't go over a minute; but 2:55? That's obscene.

Ads only appear on videos if the channel operator wants them too, and they get a cut of the money. I made around a hundred bucks on it before they decided my videos weren't popular enough to get ads.

Is it just an American thing?

Yeah, i ask the same thing. Some videos are blocked for me because of my Costa Rican IP adress but I never have to see video adds before I watch the video I want to watch like in collegehumor... The small google adds in the video can be supressed just by clicking on the X so they're not a big deal...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I don't know, but the more I watch that ad with the squirrels, the more I actually do want to get wasted with him.

I don't get them because AdBlocker removes them.

I also opt out of adding commercials to my videos because I like to hamper Capitalism like that.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.