Random thread

"The funny thing is, in any other circumstance you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate EVERYONE equally, and there's no one alive who could comprehend my sexual preference. So in other words Miss Van Winkle: CHU-CHU-CHU-CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!"

Retired Forum Moderator

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Neither did you.

Heat flash *braaaaawm* blast wave *braaaaaawm* a hundred miles an hour.

Retired Forum Moderator

One of my call center calls: A guy calls in about his modem not working, so I tell him to make sure the ethernet cable is plugged in securely between the modem and the router, it wasn't fully plugged into the router so he plugged it in. Still doesn't work, so I tell him to plug the ethernet cable directly into the computer, and suddenly he is unable to find the ethernet cable he just plugged in less than 60 seconds ago... DISAPPEARING ETHERNET CABLES ARE KILLING MY JOB!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Work, work, work, work... Work, work, work, work... Work, work, work, work...

Work just stopped being a word to me... I mean, look at it, it's just like "nasal".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.