Grey Goo

This game is an amazing concept of grey goo event. Which as you know, is when nanites try to convert everything into more nanites. Like 'the blob' but with more of a zombie/plague feel.

The alien races are not the most expanded or interesting but the mechanics for each race are interesting and solid. The worlds look and feel really organic and alive. Even the world touched by the nanites has a sort of converted grid damage look. Nothing competitive here but if your looking for an original take on an idea, try it.

I recently played through part of the campaign and I didn't like it much either. It felt strange. Like the developer spent way too much time on the cutscenes and the general presentation, but failed to make anything about the game particularly interesting. The races and their units especially were a disappointment. That it was rather slow and a bit clunky also didn't help. "Universe at War" is by the same developer, but I have to yet try that one.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:40 AM, BurningSheep said:

"Universe at War" is by the same developer, but I have to yet try that one.

The developer is Petroglyph, the core guys from Westwood Studios, the same ones that made Command & Conquer and Star Wars: Empire At War.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

this was just boring to play and ugly to look at. I heard about it so many times but when i tried it i was very disappointed. 

Beat this game last year and it's a pretty solid RTS.

I don't care for it much as it's the bad-kind of RTS of "Passively build up resources so you can churn out things to throw at the enemy" but the factions are varied enough to provide interesting gameplay. Particularly the Grey Goo. Plus the cinematics were made by the guys who worked on The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Worth checking out when it's on a sale.