Osama bin Laden is dead.

Sign in to follow this  

GUESS WHO WON THEIR SECOND TERM!

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I just don't like the fact americans are celebrating it so much. Okay, one the big guy was killed, but there'll be another ones. And again... Whatever, I'm going to see what's happen next.

Just think of BinLaden as the US's Guy Fawkes. (Another religious terrorist nutter, who once upon a time tried to blow up the UK's Parliament, for those who don't know.)

They still celebrate that guy's death 400 years later.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

It's a shame they didn't get him alive

Osama was rich. He would have been able to put up a good case, and would have drawn out his trial for years. I'm sure they put a bullet in his head to make sure we don't deal with that.

Osama might be dead. But Al Quaida lives on.

This is very true, but: al-Qaeda's biggest figure is now dead, there will most likely be a power struggle, and it will eventually begin to splinter. Terrorism is not over, but the old al-Qaeda is most likely falling apart.

Osama was rich. He would have been able to put up a good case, and would have drawn out his trial for years. I'm sure they put a bullet in his head to make sure we don't deal with that.

Reports are he was offered a chance to surrender, and chose instead to fight, using a woman as a shield.

Remember I say, the First of May, BinLaden: shot in the head.

Let’s raise a glass, for this terrorist ass is now stone-cold dead.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

This is very true, but: al-Qaeda's biggest figure is now dead, there will most likely be a power struggle, and it will eventually begin to splinter. Terrorism is not over, but the old al-Qaeda is most likely falling apart.

I seriously doubt it... Extremist terrorists yes, idiots no. They probly have had a replacement for him since the day after he joined.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I seriously doubt it... Extremist terrorists yes, idiots no. They probly have had a replacement for him since the day after he joined.

He's the founder, not an employee. Most megalomaniacs aren't too keen on being replaced. Mullah Omar is #2 (if he's alive,) and we've been killing off #'s 3-more on a fairly regular basis. (The first #3, KSM, is still alive, in Gitmo)

Also remember part of this raid was to grab any and all intel that might have been in the compound, and from what I've heard, that may have been a considerable haul.

What you say may very well be true, but I'm not convinced that inconvenience is a good reason to kill someone without a proper trial.

What you say may very well be true, but I'm not convinced that inconvenience is a good reason to kill someone without a proper trial.

It's not necessarily inconvenience rather than chances. There is a chance that he could get away with his actions, but there isn't much when there are two bullets in his head.

@Doom Shepherd The US helped Osama Bin Laden indirectly and directly in many ways throughout many years. They had numerous chances before even the 1990's to stop him from getting power but they didn't, then they had some chances directly in the beggining of the afghan american war but also didn't take them due to the stupidity or indecisiveness of the bush Administration. Frankly, I don't care as I don't think Ukraine will ever get bombed by a terrorist in the Al Quaida, that would be just too random and pointless. But all the countries which did have trouble with these idiots should thank the US government.

As for the topic, it just came to mind, I wonder if because the leader is dead, the Al Quaida will have some sort of bad ending vengeance, maybe a nucular disaster, I believe opponents of the al Quaida should actually tighten their security and send more spies instead of letting the case go now just because the leader is dead :S

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I just don't like the fact americans are celebrating it so much. Okay, one the big guy was killed, but there'll be another ones. And again... Whatever, I'm going to see what's happen next.

Yes. A teacher told me about 10 years ago that sociities of influential&large countries such as the US, need heros and arch enemies. Seems to be Osama was - with reason - an arch enemy, a symbol. Celebreting his death that wildly however really seems weird from where we live...

It is hard to explain: we are not really celebrating because we killed a man, but rather that we finally completed a mission that has embarrassed us for so long. This man committed so many crimes against humanity, and when he attacked our country, he got away with it for about ten years. We are not celebrating his death; we are celebrating a restoration of national pride.

To be honest, I don't see why theyv'e over celebrated. They've wasted a lot of money, lost a lot of lives and took another 10 years to kill a single person. Don't get me wrong though, it was a terrible event on 11/11.