Outland

Sign in to follow this  

I've had this game for years on PS3, but something about owning digital games on a console have always left me... I dunno, they feel even more ethereal and not THERE than games on my PC. Maybe because I am constantly looking at my game list there? Who knows.

Great platformer. Beutiful atmosphere. Neat lore. It is one of those times Ubisoft gave money to experimental development and it worked really well. Should finish it one day. It's been like ten years now.

Anything that lists itself as a "fast-paced, dynamic platformer" usually means "bullet hell", but doesn't want to admit it... I'll pass thanks.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's pretty good, they gave it away for free on steam once.  It's got a great aesthetic and the whole Ikaruga style gimmick is pretty clever.  Fun time overall, worth a play, but it probably won't blow you away.

Well, it's a platformer and also a bullet hell. The graphics are beautiful, the music is very nice, really really great art direction. The story is confusing and warped, a la Bioshock Infinite. The gameplay is pretty much what you'd expect, you need excellent reflexes and you also need to be really focused; kinda feels like playing NES Tetris on level 30. Sadly it's one of these games where in the middle (I assumed it was the middle) I just stopped playing because I realised I didn't give a shit. This game is beautiful, but it's not engaging or immersive... and frankly it's not that fun. The more you play, the more it feels like a chore...