Freeman's Mind DVD?!?!?!?!?

Sign in to follow this  

It would be great, once you finish the series creating a DVD for it. I would certainly pay money to buy it. ^^ Same with Civil Protection!

I would make them for Ross, (if he decided to do this) but I'd need to have a Lightscribe capable DVD burner, and some Lightscribe compatible DVDs to make them look semi-professional.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I am sure though that when Freeman's Mind 1(I am hoping he continues through Half Life 2) I am going to burn all the episodes to a DVD for myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am sure though that when Freeman's Mind 1(I am hoping he continues through Half Life 2) I am going to burn all the episodes to a DVD for myself.

I'm going to recode and DVDize them for my brother, so I'll definitely up a torrent of it if Ross doesn't object. (all episode credits re-placed at the end with tags denoting which episode they're for)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't know if a Freeman's Mind DVD should be made. If a Civil Protection DVD series was made, on the other hand...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Valve let users make their own stuff with their games (hence why the SDKs were publicly released) as long as nobody earns money from it. Otherwise Ross and anyone else involved would have to get permission to avoid being sued.

There are a fair rule - if you want to use anything related to valve's product commercially you have to pay couple percent to the big boss and that's it. But price should be low, because it's actually free for DL

Why would we pay for it? I'd just like to see Ross edit all the episodes together into one, I know there's a thread that had one like that but it wasn't that good really. Ross would make it much better. All we'd have to do then is burn it to a CD and presto, our very own Freeman's Mind DVD. Custom box CD art not included.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I think it would be really dickish of Valve to sue Ross Scott even though he gives credit to Valve in almost every episode.

And Freeman's Mind has introduced dozens of kids to Half Life so they've probably made money off of sales to Half Life and Half life: Source, so I think it's a fair bargain.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

If Ross got permission from Valve before he did this, and Gabe Newell knew how much publicity Freeman's Mind has (and could potentially gain from a DVD sale), I'm sure they could strike a deal of some sort just like with GMod...

I think it would be really dickish of Valve to sue Ross Scott even though he gives credit to Valve in almost every episode.

And Freeman's Mind has introduced dozens of kids to Half Life so they've probably made money off of sales to Half Life and Half life: Source, so I think it's a fair bargain.

FM introduced ME to Half Life. Hell, it introduced VALVE to me. I'd say Ross took money out of my wallet and gave it to Gabe because their games are some of my most played.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I know this thread is dead, but I was reading old news posts and found this:

Q. Will you be selling a DVD of the episodes?

A. No. I can't do that legally since it's a mess as far as intellectual property goes. At some point I hope to get higher quality versions of the episodes up for download however.

just to put an end to any speculation, assuming that still applies.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."