Your favourite Twilight Zone episode/moment

Sign in to follow this  

The Twilight Zone is one of my favourite TV series, and I was watching it all over again the other week (the original series), so I just wanted to know if there is anyone else here who is interested in it.

If you've also watched either series of the Twilight Zone (or the movie), discuss your favourite episode and/or moment from it here. Personally I really liked 'One for the Angels'.

The original Twilight Zone series only... Any episode, but it has to be the original or it sucks.

I still watch the TZ marathons that are sometimes on SyFy...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, I never really liked the 80's series. It just didn't live up to the standards of the original imo.

Two episodes of the original series and one in the new series:

Original series:

A Stop at Willoughby -- Harried man keeps waking up at a train station in idyllic Willoughby only to be thrust back into his stressful world less than a minute later.

A Game of Pool -- A billiards-fanatic's dream to play better than the late 'Fats Brown', the greatest pool player of all time, is answered when the ghost of Fats Brown shows up in the pool hall to challenge him to a game. The stakes: Life or death.

New series:

The Monsters Are on Maple Street -- After an unexplained power outage and no electronics are found to be working, including watches, the members of a community begin to suspect that the new neighbors aren't all that they seem.

I felt that the new series version was better than the original ("The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street").

And then there's the 1983 movie. In order for what I like the best to the least:

1. Prologue (Albert Brooks and Dan Aykroyd! Yay!)

2. Kick the Can (so touching yet so sad) -- Segment 2

3. It's a Good Life (what if a cartoons- and video games-obsessed child had the power to alter reality?) -- Segment 3

4. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Epilogue (There's something on the wing!) -- Segment 4

5. Time-Out (An angry bigot finds himself in the jumping into bodies of those that he hates the most) -- Segment 1

The moment in Nightmare at 20,000 Feet when the monsters face is suddenly up against the window. Love that.

The original Twilight Zone series only... Any episode, but it has to be the original or it sucks.

I still watch the TZ marathons that are sometimes on SyFy...

ditto

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."