Degrees of wiki separation game

Sign in to follow this  

Ok, this game requires Wikipedia. Set any page your heart desires as a goal, hit random article and follow links to reach your goal in the least number of pages possible. Post the history here. Most random/unintentionally lengthy to the point of humor connection "wins." Bonus Points for avoiding disambiguations, indexes, and nation pages. Super Bonus Points for going through either the Kevin Bacon or Freeman's Mind page to reach your goal.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Ok, My goal was Chair. Here's the path:

Random Article>>Mesuji Regency>>List of Regencies and Cities of Indonesia>>Regent>>Head of State>>Monarchy>>Self-Proclaimed Monarchy>> Napoleon Bonaparte>>Coronation of the French Monarch>>Curule Chair>>Throne>>Chair.

Chair is 11 degrees from Mesuji Regency.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

My goal was toilet paper.

Random Article>>Kugelpanzer>>Kubinka Tank Museum>>Closed-circuit television>>Surveillance>>Disease>>Infection>>Cestoda>>Human gastrointestinal tract>>Anus>>Feces>>Toilet Paper

That would be 11 degrees to get from a prototype Nazi tank to a paper you use to clean yourself with. I thought it would take more than that.

My target was Morgan Freeman. Got there in 7 steps from a random article, "No Sex for Ben"

No Sex for Ben -- The Music of Grand Theft Auto IV -- Rock Music -- United States -- Cinema of the United States -- The Shawshank Redemption -- Morgan Freeman

My goal is Wal-Mart:

Random Article > Russians in Korea > G-20 Major Economies > United States > U.S. State > Arkansas > Wal-Mart

7 steps!

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Well this was easier then I thought. My goal was RuneScape and the random article was "shoe"

shoe-design-game design-mmorpg-runescape

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My goal was bird:

Random Article got me to the most boring and short page ever.... I suggest not checking it out.

Ciecholewy, Chojnice County > Village > Farmers > Chicken > Bird

Since this goal was boring I decided to do a second one:

Duke Nukem was my goal.

Random Article got me to:

Catoblepas > Age of Mythology > Single Player > First Person Shooter > Duke Nukem 3d

I found the second finding the second one even more boring.. -_-

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

All articles eventually redirect to Philosophy if you click on the first link in the article that isn't in brackets.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

All articles eventually redirect to Philosophy if you click on the first link in the article that isn't in brackets.

:shock: That is weird!

It's actually quite simple, the reason why: all content on wikipedia is information, and the principle that governs why information exists is the philosophy of knowledge. Articles redirect accordingly.

Usually in the form of ....>knowledge>fact>information>sequence>mathematics>quantity>property>modern philosophy>Philosophy

Just like how if you consistently ask "Why" to an answer, you eventually just boil down to "because it's good" or "because it's bad".

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I'm only surprised there wasn't a recursion somewhere...

Most of the paths I took also went through humans (including Philosophy) I guess that says something about how important we think we are...

Goal: Uranus (Planet)

Haidong Prefecture > Qinghai > People's Republic of China > Shenzhou 5 > Human spaceflight > Spaceflight > Planets > Uranus

Jumps: 7

Did I do it right?

Ok, now that is scary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goal: computer

Random Article/Simple API for XML/Java/Computer architecture/Computer

I think I had the easiest and the quickest. No cheating involved.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I'm grotesquely immature... if you are as well, you may find this amusing...

My goal was diarrhea.

Random Article < Texas's 36th congressional district < Texas < Cowboy < Cattle < Feces < Defecation < Constipation < Laxative < Enema < Anus < Human gastrointestinal tract < Rectum < Cancer < Colorectal cancer < Diarrhea

It's long but you did say you "win" if it's long to the point of being funny... if this *is* funny in the least.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Canst thou predict my target?

Random article->Coppery Emerald->Venezuela->Television network->Television->Television program->List of animated television series->List of animated television series from 2000s->My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Canst thou predict my target?

Random article->Coppery Emerald->Venezuela->Television network->Television->Television program->List of animated television series->List of animated television series from 2000s->My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Wait, why did you stop there? WHAT'S YOUR TARGET!?!???!?!?!?! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!11111111ONEONEONEONEONE!!!!!!!!

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

He should've just ended it at My Little Pony.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Target: Battle of the Teutoburg Forest

Josey Wales (gunfighter) > United States > World War II > Nazi Germany > Germany > Germanic peoples > Battle of the Teutoburg Forest