Did You Know...

Sign in to follow this  

Did you know that in Autodesk Software, Vector measurements indicate unified 3-number units. They are complementary to Scalar measurements, which are 1-number units.

Radius of a Cylinder would be a Scalar measure, a single-dimensional value that can change.

Texture color would be a Vector, because it has three unified numbers to give it a value. (Red-Green-Blue, between 0 and 255)

3D Space coordinates would also be a Vector, because the three unified numbers are the value. (X-Y-Z, between -100,000,000,000,000 and 100,000,000,000,000 in all directions.)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Did you know that Blue and J.C. are my 2 most favorite members on this site for their intelligence?

Retired Forum Moderator

Did you know that I take that as a challenge regardless? I get kicked out of a lot of buffets.

No one ever suspects the skinny ones.

Retired Forum Moderator

Did you know that Earthlink(internet provider) is my mortal enemy and I shall stop at nothing till they either give me a better connection or I bring them down?

Retired Forum Moderator

I do now!

Did you know that gasoline looks like water unless a dye is added to it? (Most gas stations add a yellowish or pink dye to gasoline).

Did you know that battery acid both looks feels just like water except a little bit oily? That's because if directly exposed, it doesn't do anything at first. (Except dissolve the fat and oil tissues on the surface of your skin, explaining the oily feel.) Over the course of about an hour, the exposed spot will start to feel a bit itchy, and anything you touched after an hour will start to stain brown. (If it's paper, it will look like it's been exposed to grease, like if chips were on it. It will also tear easily.) After three hours, the itch will have continually grown to the point of intolerable, and any time you've itched it, you've made it worse. At four hours you scream in annoyance and agony as you realize: congratulations, you've got a very serious chemical burn and will require special medical treatment and maybe a skin graft.

[That's why while it doesn't seem like much if you ever do get something like battery acid on you, it's a freaking serious issue even if it was only for a moment or as little as a drop. If exposed to strong acid, wash for 15 solid minutes with water, and seek help. "Thanks, Supervisor Dennis! Your experience and insight benefits us all."]

Did you know that the sun is behind you if you're looking at a rainbow?

Did you know that Rainbows are witchcraft? And should be burnt at the stake?

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.