Did You Know...

Sign in to follow this  

Post semi-random obscure facts of interest to you.

Did you know...that, according to the US Supreme Court, a tomato is a vegtable for legal purposes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

The first stage of the Saturn V rocket (which carried men to the Moon) had a pump about the size of a basketball which could pump over 7000 liters of fuel per second.

"Vegatable" is not a botanical distinction, the definition (apart from legal reasons) is entirely culinary.

Thermite is an aluminum-based industrial burning solution and type of low grade high-heat explosive, and is considered highly stable, even though once ignited it is self-oxidizing and therefore nigh-impossible to extinguish. This is because the initial energy input is extremely high- even an acetylene torch would not be able to make it catch fire.

Standard NTSC-compliant countries have their TVs display content at a framerate of exactly 29.97 frames per second. This is due to a "Telecine Dropdown" which results in the loss of 30 frames over the course of every 22 minutes of running time. PAL-compliant countries do not have this added complexity.

Most computer monitors have a refresh rate (maximum framerate output) of 60, 70, 75 or 120Hz.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Did you know that Lottie Williams of Tulsa, Oklahoma remains the only person ever recorded to have been hit by debris from a reentering spacecraft?

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Did you know that a polar bear's liver contains lethal amounts of vitamin A?

Did you know that infants can swim by instinct?

Maximum fuck about to be given in 3... 2... 1...

Did you know that sine(Θ)=Opposite/Hypotenuse?

I most certainly did know that. Did you know Cosine = Adjacent/Hypotenuse and Tangent= Opposite/Adjacent?

Then you probably know that A²+B²=C². But did you know that all planar maps can be covered with only four colours?

I most certainly did know that. Did you know Cosine = Adjacent/Hypotenuse and Tangent= Opposite/Adjacent?

Actually Cosine(Θ)= Adjacent/Hypotenuse and Tangent(Θ)= Opposite/Adjacent. [/over accuracy trolling]

Did you know that Wyoming has the smallest population of all the states in the US?

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Did you know that the Dark engine uses a main loop function that uses up 100/n% of CPU time during rendering (Where n equals the number of cores.)?

Then you probably know that A²+B²=C². But did you know that all planar maps can be covered with only four colours?

Actually Cosine(Θ)= Adjacent/Hypotenuse and Tangent(Θ)= Opposite/Adjacent. [/over accuracy trolling]

Did you know that e^(i π)= -1 ?

And that is basically the same you guys have been saying?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Did you know the 2nd closest star to the Earth is Proxima Centauri?

the_more_you_know.jpg

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Did you know that the country with the longest average life expectancy is Japan at 82.6 years with the shortest being Swaziland at 31.88 years

It costs more to buy a new car today in the United States than it cost Christopher Columbus to equip and undertake three voyages to and from the New World.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

In the Declaration of Rights of the Pennsylvania Constitution (which predates and was a model for the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution,) the right to keep and bear arms is very bluntly dealt with in Section 21, as: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

Pennsylvanians don't mince around.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You're just jelly of my inability to use that symbol. Everyone knows that those who are snarky are full of malarky, tsk tsk.

Did you know that...

s640x480

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?