What would you do if...

Wonder where everyone went.

What would you do if you just found out the person you've been dating for months, changed their gender before meeting you?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Feel a little weird despite myself, then shrug it off and keep going.

What would you do if the forum suddenly went down for technical reasons?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Play games more.

If I asked questions in this thread, and posted "what if's" in the Q&A thread?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Take it in stride, it's hardly the silliest thing you've done here.

If there were dozens of BTGs on this site?

(Hate to break it to you, but buying an Islamic fundie a beer is a bad idea. Alcohol is prohibited by their religion.)

I'd get along fine, at least until I wanted to listen to something older.

What if you had to found all the water in your house was now absinthe, including that coming out of the taps?

(Don't think absinthe actually induces hallucinations.)

(And yeah, lots of religions prohibit alcohol. Islam and Mormonism are the main western ones, but there's plenty of eastern ones. And technically, I THINK Islam only prohibits drinking to excess or under a ridiculously long list of holidays and exceptions, like you can't have alcohol during Ramadan even after the sun goes down. But all the Muslims I've talked to gave different answers on it. One said it's not allowed at all, another said it's only disallowed during holidays, another said it's actually drunkeness that's not allowed and minor drinking is fine... I don't know. I never read the Qu'ran. But if you're not sure, probably best not to buy them any because they might be offended. Especially with a fundamentalist.)

I think I'd cry. I would cry deep, bitter tears for my lost love.

What if you did something completely harmless and benign in public nobody you know would ever register as a thought, but a small group of people take deep offense to it to a point that it seems completely incongruous with the action you just performed? (I actually had this happen the other day.)

(Don't think absinthe actually induces hallucinations.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

3rd paragraph supports your thought.

(And yeah, lots of religions prohibit alcohol. Islam and Mormonism are the main western ones, but there's plenty of eastern ones. And technically, I THINK Islam only prohibits drinking to excess or under a ridiculously long list of holidays and exceptions, like you can't have alcohol during Ramadan even after the sun goes down. But all the Muslims I've talked to gave different answers on it. One said it's not allowed at all, another said it's only disallowed during holidays, another said it's actually drunkeness that's not allowed and minor drinking is fine... I don't know. I never read the Qu'ran. But if you're not sure, probably best not to buy them any because they might be offended. Especially with a fundamentalist.)

They actually get the drinking part from the Old Testament... Drinking to excess is forbidden, and most groups of Muslims forbid it entirely to prevent the risk of drinking to excess. (at least from what I've heard)

What if you did something completely harmless and benign in public nobody you know would ever register as a thought, but a small group of people take deep offense to it to a point that it seems completely incongruous with the action you just performed? (I actually had this happen the other day.)

I would tell the group that took offense "fuck you, I did nothing wrong".

If everything you ever did was recorded, and you were punished for NOT committing certain crimes.

(Doubt that really applies in my case, though. In my case, my action was buying some energy drinks and the assholes taking offence were cops. Never mind that energy drinks are perfectly legal, there's NO limitations on their purchase at all, and these bacon-scented douchebags had no legal justification for harassing me over it. But still, saying "fuck you" to them would have been a bad idea.)

Depends on what the crimes are. I'd happily jaywalk, and wouldn't mind shoplifting, but if they want me to hurt anyone I'm going to need some convincing, and things like rape and murder are just not going to happen.

What if you had to work with a shitty touchpad that keeps hitting "submit" instead of "preview"?

(Doubt that really applies in my case, though. In my case, my action was buying some energy drinks and the assholes taking offence were cops. Never mind that energy drinks are perfectly legal, there's NO limitations on their purchase at all, and these bacon-scented douchebags had no legal justification for harassing me over it. But still, saying "fuck you" to them would have been a bad idea.)

Call 911 on them next time they harass you. Trust me, it's the best way to make them stop. Tell the operator the entire story, include badge numbers and names if possible.

If you were forced to live in North Korea?

Kill the dictator and dictate my way out of North Korea.

If I did kill the dictator and escape?

I'd slapyou in the face and remind you that you have no means to do so.

If you didn't know whaat happened lsdt night?

I'd wonder how I managed to get drunk with the extremely light way I usually drink, and call around to find out what went on.

What if you wrote a post and realised too late that it's really, really depressing?

Edit the post.

If all water in the world turned to blood? (no DNA, but otherwise identical to human blood)

Laugh at the recruiter before slamming the door in his face.

What if you had the option to go to a new planet to create a new town in a new society, and all you could take with you were one adult member of the opposite sex (or your own, if that's your thing) and as many children as you could handle?

(I shouldn't have made that optional, should I?)

I'd be mildly concerned, but I know that the chance of getting sick is actually pretty low if I'm only doing it once and I'd do it without too many worries.

(Sorry if this is a bit cheap, it's all I can think of right now.)

What if you HAD to go to a new planet to create a new town in a new society, and all you could take with you were one adult member of the opposite sex (or your own, if that's your thing) and as many children as you could handle?