1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Other

Sign in to follow this  

Safari? I... I don't even...

Don't get me wrong. I don't "like" it, I was just "using" it at the moment I posted the reply (the poll says "What browser are you using"). Now I would have answered Chrome, since I'm on my work laptop.

I'll say it again: I know it's tabu to talk about all things Apple in this forum, but the iPad 2 is a very cool little toy. And I am still putting together a new desktop, yesterday a bought the CPU (Intel CPU Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz) and the video card (EVGA Video PCIE GTX460 SE 1024mb DDR5). Today I'll go hunting for a motherboard and maybe the hard drive and memory.

It's hardly tabu as much as it's just merely looked down upon slightly. I personally think as long as you use it and like it and don't go around hating people who use other peripherals simply because they're not Apple, then you're okay in my book.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I tried all of them. Went with firefox for add-ons.

Chrome- good, really fast because of it's V8 javascript engine, not enough 'add-onage'

IE- no explanation needed (although the new IE9 isn't all that bad, still, it's IE)

Opera- used to use it because it had cool aesthetic features

Safari- is actually really bad (in my experience any way)

I also use a browser called Skyfire on my DROID X, it's pretty fast.

You should give Chrome another look, they have all sort of add-ons these days

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Safari? I... I don't even...

Don't get me wrong. I don't "like" it, I was just "using" it at the moment I posted the reply (the poll says "What browser are you using"). Now I would have answered Chrome, since I'm on my work laptop.

I'll say it again: I know it's tabu to talk about all things Apple in this forum, but the iPad 2 is a very cool little toy. And I am still putting together a new desktop, yesterday a bought the CPU (Intel CPU Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz) and the video card (EVGA Video PCIE GTX460 SE 1024mb DDR5). Today I'll go hunting for a motherboard and maybe the hard drive and memory.

It's hardly tabu as much as it's just merely looked down upon slightly. I personally think as long as you use it and like it and don't go around hating people who use other peripherals simply because they're not Apple, then you're okay in my book.

I was only joking :P

internetseriousvq1-480x384.jpg

How do i enable recently typed URLs to be saved in Chrome just like in IE8?

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

MHmm. I'm not sure what exactly is the problem. When I type an URL in Chrome it automatically lists 6 possible matches... you don't get the same? Or are these 6 URLs not enough?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Firefox 4 sucks for me... I hate the UI. I'm sticking to Firefox 3.6.17

Same reason why I waited a while. But after doing less than 5 minutes of tweaking after upgrading to FF 4 the UI was almost identical to 3.6.x. Refresh and home in their "correct" places, tabs below the address bar and bookmarks bar, and some other minor stuff here and there. Not sure if 3.6 has this feature but in Options I got a checkbox that lets me tell websites I do not want to be tracked. Of course it is unchecked by default.

MHmm. I'm not sure what exactly is the problem. When I type an URL in Chrome it automatically lists 6 possible matches... you don't get the same? Or are these 6 URLs not enough?

My problem is that I want chrome to keep track of the typed URLs like IE does. I dont want to have to type in anything I need to have a browser that keeps the URLs in drop down box. I still like the browser though its just that one problem I have.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Chrome on my PC

Safari on my Ipod.

Firefox on my old PC.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

My problem is that I want chrome to keep track of the typed URLs like IE does. I dont want to have to type in anything I need to have a browser that keeps the URLs in drop down box. I still like the browser though its just that one problem I have.

I use bookmarks, aka favourites. Works better.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Has anyone else received the Firefox 5 update?

What the fuck Mozilla? Are we on a version number race now?

This update should have been 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 (whatever was next in line). A major version number should introduce dramatic changes and improvements.

I use Firefox at the moment, but I've got google chrome and use it sometimes too. Its a confusing time for me right now :P for which browser I wanna use as my default browser.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Firefox for me.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.