The Biggest Year For Gaming.

Which game are you going to buy first? (If they Came out at the same time)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you going to buy first? (If they Came out at the same time)

• MW3
    • Halo 4
    • Halo anniversary
    • BF3
    • Deus ex human revolution
    • Skyrim
    • Uncharted 3
    • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Serious Sam 3
    • Not on list (Reply and tell me)

As you can see from the title it is the biggest year for gaming. Why?

Heres a List:

Halo 4

Halo 10 year Anniverseary

MW3

BF3

Skyrim

deus ex human revolution

And even Minecraft getting out of beta form.

AND EVEN MORE.

This is the largest amount of games that are in a years span

It is amazing and very exciting!

But of course the big debate is over BF3 and MW3:

My opinion on the two is that BF3 is going to make MW3 look Like halo when MW2

Came out. Overshadowed. That is going to happen guarenteed.

MW3: Is coming out in november so clearly since MW2 it was only what?

2 years in production? That is not promising, compare to BF3 being in production for 5 YEARS! Then it seems BF3 has this one in the bag. And since COD games now a days are unpromising and looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS MW1 (Hypotheticaly Speaking) Which is ok but please UPDATE THE ENGINE IT NEEDS ALITTLE Change.

What about halo4? Halo 4 is going to come out later, and it is not comparible to MW3 or BF3. Skyrim is going to be awesome no doubt. And it seems Skyrim is overshadowed also to the other big games. But thats on my must buy list along with BF3. But MW3 I say its not a MUST HAVE: Its a mediocre game.

But of course I know almost nothing of MW3 but I can see a vicious cycle going on at COD games.

You Like this? No? D:

Seriously If you have anything cool and worth while to say. Say it. But do not rant and criticize me. Its my opinion, it does not reflect yours.

Reply and stuff, so I can stay out of my cage longer and get to see what you say.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

There are a lot of good games coming out this year no doubt, but I'm skeptical as to how much they will actually change the gaming industry. The excitment for new games this year feels the same as I does every year. This year could very well be the biggest year for gaming in a long time, but it's hard to predict the affect a game will produce before it's been released.

In my case, it's just 3 games in 2011: Portal 2, DNF, The Witcher 2. So, I don't care about the rest of this year. I'm actually waiting some DLC for couple games, but that's not making 2011 special in any possible way for me. Maybe I will check Deus Ex when it's out. And that's it.

Deus Ex Machina? I thought it was called Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Do your homework, please.

Sorry Im not to good with this. Im not a fan of the series so Im not familiar with it.

It will be fixed.....

Biggest year? Ha wow. You haven't been around long have you? ;o)

In my Opinion It is.

It features a Half a dozen Great games in a spand of a year (Except Halo 4 which is in 2012 Whoops)

minecraft going out of beta just means it's going to cost more.

And how is Skyrim over shadowed? It's simply a different genre, so doesn't get compared to the others.

In my Opinion It is.

It features a Half a dozen Great games in a spand of a year (Except Halo 4 which is in 2012 Whoops)

That's right. In YOUR opinion. Basically, this topic is just your opinion. The "great games" you talking about are nothing more than mediocre, without any innovations or interesting ideas, dull games for masses (well, maybe not all of it). I agree, these games are quite popular nowadays. But popularity is not a proof of quality. And that's my opinion.

minecraft going out of beta just means it's going to cost more.

And how is Skyrim over shadowed? It's simply a different genre, so doesn't get compared to the others.

I think Skyrim is going to be over shadowed due to these huge games being released near the same time. Im sure it will sell Great but since these games are coming out im a little worried for skyrim. Thats all. For minecraft I have no clue what the plan is but im going to look into it. Thanks for your opinion :D

I find it interesting that every game on your poll is a sequel.

That's why I think this is pretty huge for gaming, Halo 4, BF3, MW3, and skyrim. That is pretty cool In my opinion, but everyone argues over thing about MW3 vs. BF3 In which I do not enjoy the COD series due to it not bringing anything new and exciting to the table. They seem to grab COD 4 ideas and just add a little bit but I want them to make a leap like DICE did and make another engine. But that's just me.

In my Opinion It is.

That's right. In YOUR opinion. Basically, this topic is just your opinion. The "great games" you talking about are nothing more than mediocre, without any innovations or interesting ideas, dull games for masses (well, maybe not all of it). I agree, these games are quite popular nowadays. But popularity is not a proof of quality. And that's my opinion.

I respect your opinion, I was going to make a analogy but it would have sucked.

I am relatively young so (Teenager) so I have not witnessed any big years in gaming.

Creativity is dying. sequels are all we know.

I'm not gonna deny that this year has some good titles, but I could give less of a damn about all those titles till after I play Skyrim. being the Elder Scrolls fanboy that I am, my heart is holding only that right now.

Retired Forum Moderator

Creativity is dying. sequels are all we know.

I'm not gonna deny that this year has some good titles, but I could give less of a damn about all those titles till after I play Skyrim. being the Elder Scrolls fanboy that I am, my heart is holding only that right now.

I give sequels a chance, but cod I gave up on after MW2. I think sequels are a learning experience for developers, they learn from there mistakes from the first one and make it better in the second one.

Creativity is dying, but it does not stop me from having a kick ass time enjoying a game. I cant wait for these games to come out, i am going to get skyrim first though. I played oblivion like crazy, and same goes for fallout 3 (Not a fan of fallout vegas)

so seeing a game like skyrim is a breathe of fresh air.

Ross, this year is all sequels pretty much.

Duke Nukem Forever alone is one of the most anticipated sequels in history.

I think that's more the key to why it's a great year. There's tons of anticipation that the game companies will make worthy successors to some of our favourite franchises, so it's more the collection of big names that seem to hype everyone up than the games themselves.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

In my Opinion It is.

Sure thing. I go around stating opinion as fact all the time. It really works for me. :lol: