The Worst Weather You've Seen

Sign in to follow this  

It was out in Hiram, OH.

And those weren't tornado sirens, they were sirens from an ambulance and/or firetruck. Either someone got hurt or maybe a transformer blew up. But it's still scary hearing them.

EDIT: Actually, I did hear tornado sirens but it was during the storm, and I was too busy being speechless to notice them.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Ah... I've never seen a tornado (and I never hope to), but the funny thing is I live in the most tornado prone county in Georgia, which is in Dixie Alley.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

That's strange

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

I've never seen a tornado (and I never hope to).

You're always too busy running and hiding to see the cool weather.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Do I need to reiterate? There's no fun in seeing them ternaders when yer' pushin' up daisies.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Do I need to reiterate? There's no fun in seeing them ternaders when yer' pushin' up daisies.

When was the last time that someone died because they were out watching the tornado? I'll give you a hint, it hasn't happened in recorded history...

I'm sure it has, and people who spend less time going "Ooh! Ah!" and more time getting to shelter have a greater chance of survival.

I'm sure it has, and people who spend less time going "Ooh! Ah!" and more time getting to shelter have a greater chance of survival.

The people who "Ooh! Ah!" are the people that know how to get to shelter in time to avoid tornadoes. Cowering in your cellar for an extra 15 minutes won't increase your chances of survival.

The people who "Ooh! Ah!" are the people that know how to get to shelter in time to avoid tornadoes. Cowering in your cellar for an extra 15 minutes won't increase your chances of survival.

If the tornado's still there, it will. I mean, I'd probably watch it rope out/dissipate, but I'd be in the basement, bathroom, etc. the whole time it's on the ground, unless it's atleast, say, 2 miles away.. I may be VERY paranoid about this, but better that than "ARGH I AM BIG MACHO MAN I WILL EAT TORNADO FOR BREAKFAST!"

If the tornado's still there, it will. I mean, I'd probably watch it rope out/dissipate, but I'd be in the basement, bathroom, etc. the whole time it's on the ground, unless it's atleast, say, 2 miles away.. I may be VERY paranoid about this, but better that than "ARGH I AM BIG MACHO MAN I WILL EAT TORNADO FOR BREAKFAST!"

2 miles means it's at least 60 seconds away from hurting you.

I know of no one that would say or think something even resembling that quote of yours. Being 'paranoid' about weather means you'll miss out on much of life's wonders.

2 miles means it's at least 60 seconds away from hurting you.

I know of no one that would say or think something even resembling that quote of yours. Being 'paranoid' about weather means you'll miss out on much of life's wonders.

I'm not the kind of person who cowers in the basement (I don't even have a basement, actually :shock:) when it starts to sprinkle outside. I get scared when a severe thunderstorm warning, as well as a tornado watch is issued, the power's out, it's hailing severely, it's very windy, there's lots of lightning, then it suddenly stops. I don't miss out on any of "life's wonders" due to this.

And yes, the aforementioned scenario *has* happened to me before. Not fun.

The worst weather I've seen was this one day in ukraine when hail the size of golfballs started dropping on me and my friend who were playing football half nakedly on some garbage place during a severe wind storm.

Later when we after running home laughing and screaming like madmen and settling there you could hear something that sounded like a very angry wind god whistling.

Soon everything dissapeared and the rest of the day was sunshine.

We came home with hail in our ass.

That's also the day my friend wasted my t-shirt by washing it with too much powder. It became grey from black. The shirt I still have and it reminds me of this day.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hey, do tornadoes occur often in Ukraine?

No, we just get sudden storms that look scary but actually aren't.

A day can start really warm and sunny.....then suddenly a shitstorm begins without any prediction possible in under 1 minute and it starts raining and becoming windy and cloudy.

Worst case I saw was what I described.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Ah...

On September 5, we got some spinoff tornadoes from the remnants of Tropical Depression Lee. According to a lot of my friends who live in Cobb, there were tornado sirens going off everywhere, but I didn't hear any. The strange thing was a tornado warning was issued for my town, and my town is significantly small.

The worst weather I've seen was such heavy rain that it cause the river near my house to get so full that it washed out 2 bridges (both near my house). It rained for 7 days straight and there was so much flooding. (Well for my area anyway.....the flooding was nothing compared to what the eastern US states encounter)

Even death can't heal a broken heart.

Woah. I didn't know that sort of thing happens in California; I must've just been thinking of cities like Los Angeles.

There are wetter area's of california. Most in the north part from what I've seen, near the border of oregon.

Retired Forum Moderator