The Worst Weather You've Seen

Sign in to follow this  

My house once got hit by lightning when I was little and got set on fire... with our two cats in it.

Nah, I'm kidding. They survived.. can't say the same for our furniture, though.. it smelled horrible and was completely black.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

If I saw it, I would've defecated enough bricks to build the biggest tornado shelter on Earth.

I could 'feel' it's presence the entire time it was on the ground, but really felt it the strongest when I actually saw it... Nearest thing I can relate the feeling to is a stifling rage. Tightness in the chest, difficult to breath, everything not your immediate focus blocked out, almost tunnel vision, trembling with clenched fists... Hard to really describe the feeling. Same feeling I get when I see lightning strike within 500 yards of me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If I saw it, I would've defecated enough bricks to build the biggest tornado shelter on Earth.

I could 'feel' it's presence the entire time it was on the ground, but really felt it the strongest when I actually saw it... Nearest thing I can relate the feeling to is a stifling rage. Tightness in the chest, difficult to breath, everything not your immediate focus blocked out, almost tunnel vision, trembling with clenched fists... Hard to really describe the feeling. Same feeling I get when I see lightning strike within 500 yards of me.

I think I know what you're talking about... I think it's a combination of a low air pressure area and.. well.. you're looking at an F5 tornado.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I think I know what you're talking about... I think it's a combination of a low air pressure area and.. well.. you're looking at an F5 tornado.

Might also have something to do with completely (or nearly so) ionized atmosphere too...

...Anyway.. time to mention yet *another* event.

The late April 2011 tornado outbreak.. while we dodged a bullet with this one, I think this really affected me. I've been terrified of tornadoes my whole life, never having seen one, but knowing what they can do. April 27th was a terrifying day for me... I went over to my friend's house because they had a basement and a brick house, and it was getting dark outside.

What'd it look like? Green? Really dark?

Very dark grey-almost black clouds, that seemed to be literally dripping out of the sky. Like, you ever see water on the ceiling just before it drips? Like that, but ginormous.

Here. Much like this.

303.jpg

But even uglier.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

303.jpg

If I ever saw that while driving, I'd be doing 120 to get away from it.

Why? There's no funnel clouds in that, so no tornadoes.

But it's a low, dark mass of clouds. D:

But it's a low, dark mass of clouds. D:

Means nothing. Might rain for a few minutes, but that's about it.

Where I live, dark, low hanging clouds don't usually mean anything good... I'm pretty scared when I see either, but mainly the latter.

Nah, it's when the clouds are green that you need to worry... Green means it's going to hail.

Yeah, I know. A green sky is probably even eerier than a black sky during the afternoon.

Ugh.. not me. Rain, a bit of thunder.. and the VERY occasional cloud-to-cloud lightning are fine with me.. but anything worse, and I get a bit... squeamish.

Can you blame me though? We narrowly "dodged a bullet" on April 27, 2011.

Eh... I'm a weather dude... I'll take any precipitation that comes my way, regardless of the 'damage' it causes. (and I'll love it :twisted::twisted::twisted: )

You begin to get sick of thunderstorms after living where I do (atleast I do.), although I don't know if I should be complaining considering an F5 tornado came within 2 miles of your house.

Southeast South Dakota was where I grew up... Many summer rains would last for a week or longer. Trust me, you'll never put me off good ol' fashioned rain.

Back in September 2009, we had a monster of a flood. Here's a picture of a subdivision almost underwater.

slideshow_1273108_flood_0923_bs10.jpg

Oh, man, this sucks :shock:

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Driving through the dead center of a desert thunderstorm in Arizona. The clouds were so thick that at 4:30 in the afternoon, it was as dark as midnight. There was a lightning strike in every direction every few seconds. The air was so charged that even in the car the hairs on your arms and neck stood up from the static. Rain was falling so heavily the windshield wipers couldn't keep our vision clear enough to drive faster than 30 MPH.

I still remember, my family was scared shitless yet I was having the time of my life. Never seen anything like it before and was in awe.

This is about as extreme as it's ever gotten for me. I don't travel much and living in S Cali the most I ever get are hot weather and Earthquakes.

Retired Forum Moderator