Strangest things you were taught in school

Sign in to follow this  

The title says it all. Might be worth a laugh or two.

I was once taught how to make napalm :D

In Norway we have something called "snus" which is basically tobacco you put under your upper lip and suck on and it's immensely popular among teenagers.

Our teacher didn't like this because kids were spitting snus all over the school and making a mess, so in order to get us to NOT start using snus, he let us smell it. It smelled so awful that I doubt anyone in our class started using it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

In Norway we have something called "snus" which is basically tobacco you put under your upper lip and suck on and it's immensely popular among teenagers.

Snus is very popular in Estonia as well. I believe it is popular in all of Northern-Europe and possibly beyond.

It smelled so awful that I doubt anyone in our class started using it.

The smell IMO is not that bad, kind of minty actually.

we've got snus in America

just it's called chewing tobacco

or snuff

We do not have any of that stuff as far as I know, unless that tobacco you can buy to roll-your-own cigs is chewing tobacco.

One of my elementary school teachers taught us bad words and insults in dead languages.... It was hilarious.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

My old health teacher got us to write down every dirty name for *cough* y'know *cough*. You'd be surprised how many variations of the word 'penis' teens know.

The most creatively-named-but-also-most-practical lesson from my Dad was "How to patch a hole in the drywall so you can get your deposit back from the landlady".

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

My old health teacher got us to write down every dirty name for *cough* y'know *cough*. You'd be surprised how many variations of the word 'penis' teens know.

I had that once as well, but we were grouped together and it was made into a competition. The team with the most synonyms won. It was honestly pretty entertaining.

My team won of course, thanks to some fictional synonyms like "fweebo" :lol:

"It doesn't matter who started it".

So self defence doesn't exist and I should just take a beating to avoid being in trouble with the school? Heh...

How to "Make friends!!!"

I mean seriously, how helpful is that in life?!? Pft Public education

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

The title says it all. Might be worth a laugh or two.

I was once taught how to make napalm :D

That.... is.... awesome....

Until I saw that video of how napalm actually looks like, and it's not a firy splitting explosion it's just a very constant fire. -__-

And by the way of from memory, for that you have to mix solid gas with plastic right :D?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I learnt how to create naplam from Ross.

You mean Dave prevented you making napalm by accident.

The meaning of the word "Assertiveness"... don't ask

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

we've got snus in America

just it's called chewing tobacco

or snuff

Chewing tobacco differs from snus, you dont have to spit snus. Its neatly packaged in "small tea like bags" that you put under your lip where said lip absorbs it, unless you go for the rookie mistake of swallowing the bag , he he.

180px-Snus.jpg

Swedish Snus

Srry for the offtopic

The strangest thing we were taught in school was how Bear poo looks and feels like. Pretty interesting, dont you think?