Strangest things you were taught in school

Sign in to follow this  

The strangest thing I was taught outside of public/charter school was that I could steal stuff silently from a house with just a crowbar, and a screwdriver. Did it once when the house owners were in the next room, and I swiped a few hundred dollars worth of silverware, and returned it the same way the following day. Cops were baffled.

Really? :|

Really? :|

Really. Ended up getting taught that through necessity... My parents started deadbolting the computer room.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Pythagorean Theorem in math is also pretty... strange to learn. I can't think of a situation where you would apply it.

That's just because you're not 1337 like me.

^ OH SNAP

"It doesn't matter who started it".

So self defence doesn't exist and I should just take a beating to avoid being in trouble with the school? Heh...

Yeah, those zero tolerance policies don't make sense. For example; if a hobo comes running at you with a knife yelling NYEEEEEGH, as a citizen of the United States of America, you have a right to defend yourself against the attacker. But if it's a kid or teen and if it happens on school grounds, both you and your attacker are suspended or expelled. No if's, and's or but's about it, no further discussion.

I vaguely remember someone telling me that if that happens, I should get on the ground, curl up in a ball, position my hands over the back of my head and not fight back. What a load! I didn't spend 5 years of my life learning self defense techniques just so that you could tell me I couldn't use them! :evil:

Sorry for the rant, this sort of thing just bugs me to no end.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

^ OH SNAP
"It doesn't matter who started it".

So self defence doesn't exist and I should just take a beating to avoid being in trouble with the school? Heh...

Yeah, those zero tolerance policies don't make sense. For example; if a hobo comes running at you with a knife yelling NYEEEEEGH, as a citizen of the United States of America, you have a right to defend yourself against the attacker. But if it's a kid or teen and if it happens on school grounds, both you and your attacker are suspended or expelled. No if's, and's or but's about it, no further discussion.

I vaguely remember someone telling me that if that happens, I should get on the ground, curl up in a ball, position my hands over the back of my head and not fight back. What a load! I didn't spend 5 years of my life learning self defense techniques just so that you could tell me I couldn't use them! :evil:

Sorry for the rant, this sort of thing just bugs me to no end.

I agree so much that I thought of this:

tigerwoods-fist-pump.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

This doesn't really apply to the strangest things theme, but its school related, so, yeah.

We had a science experiment today. We had to make a container for an egg that would stop it being destroyed after being dropped from three storeys. We worked for two and a half lessons on it, and were then given our eggs. We named our egg "Chell" (Get the pun?). During the test, our egg-carrier thing was lodged on the first storey. A friend of mine decided to kick it, thus dropping it to the ground. It landed "Chell" first. (That was terrible.) It broke. Rawr, anger.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

In Norway we have something called "snus" which is basically tobacco you put under your upper lip and suck on and it's immensely popular among teenagers.

Our teacher didn't like this because kids were spitting snus all over the school and making a mess, so in order to get us to NOT start using snus, he let us smell it. It smelled so awful that I doubt anyone in our class started using it.

It's called "Dip" over here...and it is fucking nasty

anyway...strangest things taught in school, umm there was that one time when my Biology teacher showed cut out a frog stomach during a dissection, then she put it down the frogs open mouth and it ended up coming down through the intestines like it was going to the stomach even though it was the stomach...but that wasn't really taught now was it?

still cool

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

My very first detention was because I got beat up.That'll teach me.

As for strange stuff I learned, my physics, chemistry, and computers teachers were all wacky fun guys. My physics teacher taught us how to make gummy bears explode, my chemistry teacher taught us how to make pennies the same color as dimes and then gold, and my computers teacher taught us recursion via the "Cat in the Hat Comes Back" book.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Strangest: A question from a teacher to the class in grade school. If you throw a rock, how fast will it be traveling when it comes back?

I'm pretty sure there was a lesson in there somewhere but I didn't make it past the question itself.

In Norway we have something called "snus" which is basically tobacco you put under your upper lip and suck on and it's immensely popular among teenagers.

Our teacher didn't like this because kids were spitting snus all over the school and making a mess, so in order to get us to NOT start using snus, he let us smell it. It smelled so awful that I doubt anyone in our class started using it.

anyway...strangest things taught in school, umm there was that one time when my Biology teacher showed cut out a frog stomach during a dissection, then she put it down the frogs open mouth and it ended up coming down through the intestines like it was going to the stomach even though it was the stomach...but that wasn't really taught now was it?

still cool

actually we do have a product called Snus, it has the camel on the aluminum case, and the tobacco is in the white pouches. so no, it isn't just a Norway thing. :P

Strangest thing i was taught in school involved the breaking point of any given teacher upon annoying them, most deal with so much bullshit every day that it's pretty much zero-none. :/

it's been about 2 years, so i can't readily remember anything better, sorry.

still cool

actually we do have a product called Snus, it has the camel on the aluminum case, and the tobacco is in the white pouches. so no, it isn't just a Norway thing. :P

Strangest thing i was taught in school involved the breaking point of any given teacher upon annoying them, most deal with so much bullshit every day that it's pretty much zero-none. :/

Oh yeah, I forgot ;)...it's nastier than dip isn't it?

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

still cool

Oh yeah, I forgot ;)...it's nastier than dip isn't it?

Bah, snus is a performance booster! And isnt nasty.

I was taught how to break ring fingers, causing massive pain.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

My Phisics teacher explained us Newton's 3rd rule: If John hit Bill, then Bill must hit John back for revange.

Lol...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

One time my health teacher was in the middle of the sexx Ed part of the year and SHE had an idea to stop us from having sex. That idea was to teach us for 130 min. how best to fap. But the part that almost made me kill my self was that she was ugly, very very ugly, she was not an ugly stick victim no she was not borne on the top of the tree and hit every branch on the way down, no she was fucking raped by the entire forest. So just thing of sitting in a hot room for a lot time being told how best to fuck your self by a very ugly 60 year old "woman". That my friends is HELL.

non-euclidean fuck machine