What's Your Zombie Plan?

Sign in to follow this  

Well... the guide gives a lot of common sense advice (how to negotiate different kinds of terrain, general safe practices when in an infested zone, etc.) so I believe most of it would apply :think:

I still think the biggest issue here is the stamina of the zombies: slow and uncoordinated = easy victory for us. Fast and deadly = extinction level event.

I would also like to point out that even if an undead plague is something almost certainly impossible, an outbreak such as the one depicted in 28 days later (where we are dealing with a disease that turns people into violent irrational animals) is completely within the realm of possibility. All you need is a bug with a long asymptomatic incubation period, contagious from the very beginning, airborne, and causing damage to the proper higher brain functions.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

STASIS CHAMBER FTW.

And if that dont work, just some sentries and some turrets...what? you dont expect me to hole up,shoot zombies day after day,and hope things will fix themselves. Good thing i invested on Aperture Science

http://www.youtube.com/user/Valve?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/4/6i-nMWgBUp0

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

STASIS CHAMBER FTW.

And if that dont work, just some sentries and some turrets...what? you dont expect me to hole up,shoot zombies day after day,and hope things will fix themselves. Good thing i invested on Aperture Science

Fuck. I knew I should have listened to Cave Johnson.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

STASIS CHAMBER FTW.

What if the zombies managed to break it?

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

STASIS CHAMBER FTW.

Then you release Saxton Hale.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

STASIS CHAMBER FTW.

How could they break into a stasi chamber five miles below ground with several

thick steel entries lined throughout a whole mountain?

Even if it is not like that, I doubt they can smell BRAAAIIIINNNZ through walls. :)

Btw, did someone here read the comic 'Crossed'?

Oh yeah, my zombie plan in different scenarios.

I thought about it at lot after dreaming about a zombie apocalypse for a few times,

which quite frighten me since I always died or woke up from all the WTF?!-adrenalin. :?

1. If I am stuck in the four story apartment building I live in:

Rally all the occupants, divide them into teams. On team will get everything usuable

from the cellar, especially bikes and everthing from the first floor, especially water,

clothes and at last all the food. Another team will afterwards break down the

second floor stairs, the first floor ones can't be destroyed. The rubble will thenn be

used to block the main entrance (which is the only one).

Another team will collect water into all of the apartments bathtubes and buckets.

Then everything else usable too will be brought into the fourth floor apartments only

or the huge collective attic we have.

Another team will prepare rooms on the remaining floors for sleeping of at least three

people a room. The attic will be used as common room.

Well, entrances are through the attic since we can get from the ceiling windows there

to the other buildings connected to ours and either forage them or if anyone still lives

there, try to unite with them.

2. If I'm out hiking:

Try to stay away from cities (obviously) and create spears and if I manage and have

the time, bow and arrow. I know the theory for bows but never done it though.

Well, then I will go on searching for a nice empty place or a haven, whatever will come

first. Shelter I already have with me and water and food I will find on the way without

a problem.

If it is a fast zombie apocalypse I will just kill myself, there would be no point if you are

alone with stuff on your back.

3. If it hits me while out in cities or working or whereever I am:

Suicide, I hate running or being unprepared.

How could they break into a stasi chamber five miles below ground with several

thick steel entries lined throughout a whole mountain?

Even if it is not like that, I doubt they can smell BRAAAIIIINNNZ through walls. :)

It depends on the kind of zombie. If they can smell you up to a mile away, than they would have enough motivation to get to you.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

demotivational-posters-zombie-apocalypse.jpg

Guns and family... It's all you need.

Never have more true words been said.

Hi Friend.

I would gather up as many weapons as i can (i have many weapons in my home, most of them are military grade and PLEASE don't ask how i got them) and tear down my apartment staircase (sounds dumb but zombies cant get up and i can get down with a ladder) and just....live.Occasionally i'll go scavenge a supermarket or something.As for defence....that's not so hard considering my closet is basically an armory.If i'm away from home when it happens i'll just go back home or join a survivor group.If it's near the end of the world i'll try to impregnate as many women as possible to restart civilization.

When you see a Zombie apocalypse like in dawn of the dead or zombieland, There's no chance that it'll be contained.

I see no point in fighting endless waves of zombies when you know you'll die eventually.

Also known as "Username"

Can't count on provisions being available all the time. I know how to create and insulate a rudementary shelter, provide fire, drinkable water, storable rations and even electricity to whomever wants to come with me, which will be primarily women of course. I have never fired a gun before, so I'll settle for a widespread shotgun until I learn how to better hunt and protect myself. I have never skinned or butchered an animal before, but I have seen it done many times on fish. I'm guessing there will be a learning curve there.

I'm not going to hole up in some apartment building, waiting to die alone. I'll try to live off the land, leaving any city far behind me until I start picking up radio stations again.

well first observing the type of zombies and type(s) of infection spread, if it happens to be airborne, but if im(and my friends are) somehow immune? awesome, step two may continue. if the zombies are fast types then i'll prepare a stockpile of fast weapons, easy reload, mostly likely automatic, accuracy is a must too. if they're slow, then shotguns, blunt objects, swords. okay the plan starts with me getting over the fact that this shit is happening, then immediately leave my house, if they're surrounding it, then requisition a propane tank, tie an alarm clock and rig a battery around it, (assuming noise attracts them) then set the alarm for ten minutes, i then find a fragile glass bottle, and duct tape it around the valve opening, making damn sure its airtight, then i dip a rag in kerosene after double checking for propane vapors and tie that around the glass bottle. i proceed to turn on the alarm, open the valve, light the rag, and chuck the rig from my room, the impact should break the bottle, or the pressure build up will, and the vapors will be exposed to the fire causing it to explode(assuming i can detour the fail-safes that ensure the opposite).

while the zombies are distracted with being on fire, i make a get away in my car from my side window, the first place i go to is my friends Shane and Cory's house, Shane collects swords and various medieval armaments, and their dad owns a lot of guns (true fact) if either is a zombie, step 1: kill them brutally, step 2: miss them terribly, step 3: loot the damn place. if either is alive, great, decoys! joking, they're coming for the long run. in this scenario Shane and Cory are alive, their dads dead, sorry ken, you tried to eat me.... Shane being damn impressive with sword play he'll handle that, cory and myself, knowing how to shoot a gun, will handle that part. we proceed to ken's garage where he has several items a respectable mechanic should have; including a torch, several car parts, a dog, metal plating, etc. Cory being the prodigy behind mechanics and welding will cover his truck with steel plates, while me and Shane offer words of encouragement, and snickering comments on his plumber's crack.

now once thats done, we pile in the truck, and argue about whose plan is most effective, we settle on Shane's cause he'd be paranoid enough to come up with a workable zombie plan i imagine. we just leave out the part on using his brother as food once we eventually do run out of provisions. we then travel to Jake's house, man power...important, decide which gun he isn't too frail to use, and teach him how to use it, after that reason with jake that we should see if his ex(and my good friend), Brandi is alive. step 1: observe that she's alive, step 2: calm her ass down, step 3: make sure she doesn't die (important!!). step4: make way to a grocery store. once we reach there, we smell the faint smell of someones loaded pants as a horde of zombies are covering the front. me, Cory, Brandi, jake (now dressed in borrowed pants), and shane, shoot anything we see(these are the slow types of zombies). groups alive, noones bit, we're lucky thus far. until we get inside, the food has been taken, except for some scraps, that wont last one of us an hour, we begrudgingly take what we can find, and get back on the road.

the truck runs out of gas, Cory warned us about this, and we huff it on foot. we walk until a massive horde has appeared in front of a pile up of cars, the infected already turned, the immune, long been cannibalized upon. we kill what we can. the fight takes ten minutes, it ends, all of us standing, we think we're the luckiest sons of bitches on earth. until we notice Shane's arm.

hes been bitten, not too deep, but bloods been drawn, and teeth marks are evident. we argue on him coming, staying, or dying. Brandi eventually reasons that there might be a chance it isn't spread through bites. so we take him, and cory keeps a gun on him, transformation can be instant to slow, so we cant be too sure. Shane begins to sweat and he feels really sick. we stop, i attempt to explain whats going to happen, he stops me, he knows, he accepts it. we decide who'll be the one to end him, we eventually decide on me. he sits down, kneeling upright i put his hand in mine, we speak at length about how its been a pleasure, and how sorry i am that it had to've been him, tears form in my eyes, i position my pistol under his chin, he nods his head, he begins to well up some tears also, total silence. a loud explosion is heard, a woman screams, a brother cries in agony, and a good friend is gone.

i know its supposed to be a plan, but i couldnt resist writing a story.

im definitely gonna continue it i just want to leave you guys to your own imaginings for awhile ;)

if anyones interested enough let me know what you think. if tl;dr i understand. lol

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

*wall of text*

PARAGRAPHS!!! LEARN TO USE THEM!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Right, fixed, use more exclamation points next time, i dont think you were Fucking clear enough!

OK!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO CAPITALIZE TOO!!!!!!!

Right, fixed, use more exclamation points next time, i dont think you were Fucking clear enough!

OK!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO CAPITALIZE TOO!!!!!!!

mmhmm...do you wanna teach me about proper sentence structure? perhaps i need a lesson on how to manually breath?! i got your point on paragraphs, but capitalizing the beginning of every one of those sentences is not going to tell the damn story any better. besides i dont believe i requested a peer edit, and i sure as hell dont need implications of me being dumb on an internet forum.

mmhmm...do you wanna teach me about proper sentence structure? perhaps i need a lesson on how to manually breath?! i got your point on paragraphs, but capitalizing the beginning of every one of those sentences is not going to tell the damn story any better. besides i dont believe i requested a peer edit, and i sure as hell dont need implications of me being dumb on an internet forum.

Wow, 2 on the same forum... First beefman62, now billyludwick. Nobody on the internet can take an obvious joke.

disappointed-cat-is-disappoint-23393-1252295716-93.jpg