What's Your Zombie Plan?

Sign in to follow this  

This is a thread about your plan for the zombie apocalypse. (Did I spell that right?) I'll start with mine.

My plan is rather complex. (Or maybe not) Near a friend's house there's a large concrete cylinder that stores water. There's only two ways up, which are the staircases. Collapse those, and use a ladder to let people up. Bring tents, food, etc. We'll live up there for as long as it takes, bringing up survivors that want to come up. We'll make periodic runs for food, medicine, etc. I'm thinking we could just drill a well at the top of the dam for water. Since guns are illegal for people to own without a permit, we'd have to wait for cops, soldiers, etc for weapons. I'd also make a quarantine-type bunker thing for people who were down from the shelter, and you'd have to stay in there for however long it takes for zombification (A few days, a week, whatever.) I'd live up there with my friends and family. What do you lot think? As stated before, share your zombie plan, and tell me what you think of mine.

(As a side note, please don't start with "I/we'd raid a gun store..." That tactic is unwise. The people that run it will have it shut up tight, and most likely won't be willing to share their guns and ammo with you. Or, it'll already be raided, with nothing there.)

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I'm not sharing mine just in case you guys become smart zombies with memory and remember my tactic and use it against me.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Actually, it's impossible to come up with the ideal ''zombie apocalypse'' plan.

It depends on several factors:

1)Zombies itself. Are they slow/fast; intelligent/dumb; zombie virus spreading through bite/by air, duration of zombification process etc

2)Location, where you live. It can be a megalopolis, but it also could be a desert, mountains or smth.

3)Sources of water/food/energy/weapons nearby.

4)Contamination programs.

5)Evacuation programs. If government starts to evacuate people, a doubt it would be a smart move to stay in the infected area.

I actually didn't think about this stuff before, but I think in case of this scenario I would go in a place where the amount of people is pretty low.

I'm not sharing mine just in case you guys become smart zombies with memory and remember my tactic and use it against me.

I thought about sharing mine until I read this. :lol: That's actually a valid concern, so my zombie plan will remain secret too.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

First things first, I wouldn't bother holing up in any one place for long. I would find a secluded mountain range. I would pack as many boxes of .22LR subsonic as I could hold (for a semiautomatic rifle w/telescopic sight), *first aid kit, multitool, rope, machete, *satellite phone and a solar charger, LifeStraw+Filters, canteen, rechargeable flashlight, *radio, *compass, *map, hunting stand (the ones with the ladders so I can have a safe place to temporarily rest and scout out any area I would be travelling to). Overall loadout weight would be about 60-65 pounds.

*only needs to be carried by one person in my group

I would travel with 2 of my friends who would be equipped the same as I am, and we would move northwest towards the Great Plains (sparsely populated, large, open terrain that would be easy to scout out. From there on we would move to the Bridger mountains (again, small population and military bases as an added bonus) and we would stay there until it's over. It's about a 2,050 mile trip, and it should take me 8-9 months if I can do 10 miles a day with added stops generously added every few days.

Then again, if they're the kind that can't feel pain, I would just sit in my house and laugh as they quickly break their bones in their hands and legs. from repeated falls and accidents.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Nuclear weapons.... No fucking zombies, survivors or me shall survive.

Let the cockroaches take over! judgement day is coming with a fuckin red button! :twisted:

For me, I've already got guns and ammo stockpiled, so that isn't much of a problem. As for shelter, I would make a map of all known fallout shelters within a 125 mile radius. I would continuously raid food and drug stores to keep up with food needs for myself. Switch out of those fallout shelters to make sure one day I don't have a thousand zombies at my shelter.

Hi Friend.

Get food and water. Get in car. Drive to uncle's house with as many friends/family/pets as possible. Get anti-tank gun, as well as about 15-20 other guns from his house. Take grandfather's boat to another continent.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

If there's a zombie plague, I'll probably have been responsible for it. I am the Shepherd of DOOM, after all.

It has already begun. Behold my first victim...

Obama-of-Borg-68909.jpg

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Is that Obama? If so...

obama_terminator.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

It depends if it spreads by bites or by air, if it's by air I'd get a gas mask ASAP and then get some supplies (canned food, water, batteries, melee weapons (if possible a fire arm) ). Then try to get in contact with my friends and the rest of my family... My house could be a good shelter agaisnt zombies.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Biting is a horrendously inefficient transmission method of disease.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

But the zombies don't know that.

But the zombies don't know that.

Indeed. :ugeek:

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I go into my garage and commence operation Garry's Mod. while cleaning it out last month I realized there's enough junk in my garage to build any sort of deadly device, along with the tools in there to make it.

If not the zombie scenario, then I'm still at least fit to make my "raider" equipment for when the world gets nuked and we all have to live in a lawless society where tribal domination and cannibalism are the rules of-

yeah I'm getting carried away.

Retired Forum Moderator

If I'm not dead or seriously injured, I can survive any major disaster.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

My Zombie Apocalypse plan.

1.Check wherever I am for weapons, supplies and survivors, arm them.

2.Get out of whatever building we(or I, if everyone is dead.) are in. You are less likely to get cornered in an open area.

3.Get in touch with family and friends arrange to meet in a open yet easily defensible area. Check everyone for signs of the sickness, bites, scratches, open wounds that look infected, and isolate them if we find any.

4.Create a specific plan to deal with the type of zombie we have to deal with. Ex: Fast Zombies, Slow Zombies, Mutants, Infected or Mutated Animals. Check maps for the nearest fallout shelters, police stations, government run installations, National Guard checkpoints, gun stores and supermarkets.

5.Form a posse, look for more survivors and gather up vehicles and fuel, medical supplies and food, weapons and ammo and get out of the city if the National Guard pulled out.

6.Move from place to place, never staying in one area.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

(As a side note, please don't start with "I/we'd raid a gun store..." That tactic is unwise. The people that run it will have it shut up tight, and most likely won't be willing to share their guns and ammo with you. Or, it'll already be raided, with nothing there.)

Nevertheless, it is necessary to procure weapons. If you find yourself in a zombie infestation scenario, you need means to fight back, or at least avoid digestion while on the run towards a safer location. There are substitutes (such as shovels, axes, etc.) which can be easily obtained at a hardware store, but a good long range rifle, crowd pleasing shotguns and maybe a sword for close encounters, are a must.

It all comes down to the type of zombie you're facing: slow (George Romero) or fast (28 days later). The first ones, completely survivable. The second... not so much.

I have a copy of the The Zombie Survival Guide right next to my bed, just in case.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Nevertheless, it is necessary to procure weapons. If you find yourself in a zombie infestation scenario, you need means to fight back, or at least avoid digestion while on the run towards a safer location. There are substitutes (such as shovels, axes, etc.) which can be easily obtained at a hardware store, but a good long range rifle, crowd pleasing shotguns and maybe a sword for close encounters, are a must.

It all comes down to the type of zombie you're facing: slow (George Romero) or fast (28 days later). The first ones, completely survivable. The second... not so much.

I have a copy of the The Zombie Survival Guide right next to my bed, just in case.

What if a real zombie apocalypse contradicted everything that the Survival Guide says? After all, a zombie apocalypse has never occurred. :P