The Presidential Election Poster Challenge Winners Announced

Sign in to follow this  

Is there any possibility of an extension? My chief of staff has reported to me that his computer blowed up real good. (I'm not being funny here. He had an HDD crash.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You have until Thursday the 14th of July, an extension from Monday the 11th, which applies to Sons of Norton, not the Neo-Rhino party.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

You have until Thursday the 14th of July, an extension from Monday the 11th, which applies to Sons of Norton, not the Neo-Rhino party.

Thank you much. :D

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Okie doke, so all the posters are in, bar the Sons of Norton Party, which has been permitted an extension because of unpredictied circumstances.

The posters will be distributed to 5 judges, each will consider the posters according to this criteria:

• a. Originality (How original the poster is in content)
    b. Ingenuity (Cleverness, wit or humor in the poster)
    c. Compellingness (Strength and influence of the message it has towards the party it supports (or against the parties it does not)
    d. Composition (Placement, organization, flow and/or motion of the visual elements of the poster)

The winner of this challenge will be awarded 5 points for demonstrating qualities in artistic expression, stylistic and technical knowledge and in persuasive ability. Second place gets 3 points, third gets 1 point, and those that trail behind get no points.

Without further ado, here are the posters, in order of who submitted what.

The Accursed Nation Party - J.C., submitted by J.C.

posterjc.png

The Bold Blue Party - Blue, submitted by Blue

blueposter.jpg

The Neo-Rhino Party - Alphabetagamma, submitted by Alphabetagamma

http://www.photoshop.com/products

Alternatively accepted submission

properimage.jpg

Sons of Norton Party - Doom Shepard, submitted by BTGBullseye

Poster11.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Doom Shepard or BTGBullseye, your poster is due before tomorrow. If one is not accepted, your submission will automatically be zero points.

I'm working on it... It's coming slowly because of computer issues...

[EDIT] Just had a 2 hour long blackout. Caused my computer to crash and lost my copy of CS5. Going to take a little while for it to reinstall. Do you think I could have a 1 day additional extension please?

Yes, but I can't say how the judges will like the delay.

BTGbullseye pulls it off by the skin of the teeth... which don't have skin, so I don't know what that metaphor is supposed to mean. :?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

by the skin of the teeth... which don't have skin
Exactly
Fig. just barely. (By an amount equal to the thickness of the (imaginary) skin on one's teeth.)

This concludes the first Election challenge. Thank you to everyone that participated.

The scores were calculated thusly:

2011 Election Challenges Judge Panel

• J1: Vanja Lukac
    J2. Anonymous
    J3. Anonymous
    J4. Stefan Klippenstein
    J5. "DEAN"

Accursed Nations Party: Originality - Ingenuity - Compellingness - Composition

• J1: 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
    J2: 3 - 5 - 5 - 3
    J3: 7 - 7 - 4 - 8
    J4: 5 - 3 - 3 - 8
    J5: 2 - 5 - 10 - 9
    Average: 4.4 - 5 - 5.4 - 6.6
    Average Total: 21.4

Bold Blue Party: Originality - Ingenuity - Compellingness - Composition

• J1: 7 - 6.5 - 7 - 7
    J2: 6 - 5 - 6 - 8
    J3: 8 - 8 - 8 - 7
    J4: 2 - 2 - 6 - 7
    J5: 5 - 5 - 10 - 9
    Average: 5.6 - 5.3 - 7.4 - 7.6
    Average Total: 25.9

Neo-Rhino Party: Originality - Ingenuity - Compellingness - Composition

• J1: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 (Judge rejected entry citing that it was not an image.)
    J2: 8 - 7 - 4 - 5
    J3: 10 - 5 - 1 - 2
    J4: 3 - 4 - 1 - 1
    J5: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
    Average: 5.5 - 4.25 - 1.75 - 2.25
    Average Total: 13.75

Sons of Norton Party: Originality - Ingenuity - Compellingness - Composition

• J1: 7 - 6 - 6 - 6
    J2: 7 - 6 - 7 - 5
    J3: 7 - 6 - 9 - 9
    J4: 5 - 5 - 5 - 3
    J5: 5 - 6 - 8 - 6
    Average: 6.2 - 5.8 - 7 - 5.8
    Average Total: 24.8

J1: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 (Judge rejected entry citing that it was not an image.)

Ahem... WTF?!?

J1: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 (Judge rejected entry citing that it was not an image.)

Ahem... WTF?!?

Seeing as his initial entry was the link to the Photoshop products page, and his alternate was the Photoshop spash page with a very minor text addition, he refused to give a score.

Seeing as his initial entry was the link to the Photoshop products page, and his alternate was the Photoshop spash page with a very minor text addition, he refused to give a score.

Ah... Makes sense now.

I'm quite content with 2nd place considering all the trouble I had making it, forcing me to submit a 1/2-hour WIP....

General secretariat, please take note of the following statement for the record:

I would like to say that the judges have clearly received some sort of bribe by parties unknown and I refuse to acknowledge this result as a valid interpretation of the awesome qualities of my demotivational poster, which was made in a rampage of creativity one cold Monday night, after coming home from the gym.

Furthermore, I strongly protest to the fact that I was not offered a bribe of any sort. This is truly the crux of the matter: you should give your money to me, in exchange for fraudulent favors. I'm also willing to perform services that may be morally objectionable. But only with hot wealthy women. Sorry If this excludes a segment of the population, it's just the way I roll. You feel me?

I therefore decree that the judges will all be eradicated with extreme prejudice, should I ever become president, ruler or any kind of bribable public officer (I cannot stress this point enough: I will accept your money). If this does not come to pass, I will declare myself satisfied only after a seriously violent rant in the vent thread, or the inevitable loss of synapse that will follow after attending a screening of Transformers III.

J.C. out!

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Your message will be relayed to all of the Judges, however their eradication cannot be officially guaranteed.

I should've known Blue's would win. There's something about it that seems more... formal than the others.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

The government hasn't even started up, and I'm forming and insurgency.

Napalm shall show them the error of their ways!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.