The Presidential Election Poster Challenge Winners Announced

Sign in to follow this  

Now that we've got our names

• The Accursed Nation Party - J.C.
    The Bold Blue Party - Blue
    Sons of Norton party - Doom Shepard
    Neo-Rhino Party - alphabetagamma

We need to get the numbers and hit the ground running. Enter the three challenges that the Party Leaders must face (or have their subordinates face, for them). Each challenge is worth points. These points don't actually do anything directly in the final election, they simply state which party is better at what. The three challenges are the Photoshop Challenge, the Review Challenge and the Debate Challenge (in that order).

So today marks the first day in the first challenge, the Photoshop challenge. The objective is to prove your Party's ability in artistic expression, stylistic knowledge, technical knowledge and persuasive ability.

The limits are that the poster must be 400x600 or larger(portrait or landscape) and in the format JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP, and must be submitted before the Monday after next (July 11th), so you have two weeks to make the poster- make it a good one.

The judging will be based upon four criteria:

• a. Originality (How original the poster is in content)
    b. Ingenuity (Cleverness, wit or humor in the poster)
    c. Compellingness (Strength and influence of the message it has towards the party it supports (or against the parties it does not)
    d. Composition (Placement, organization, flow and/or motion of the visual elements of the poster)

Obviously this is also your parties opportunity to make some kind of badass signature or something in order to get the word out on your awesome party. Get the whole forum interested in why your party should be elected.

And so by a panel of judges, we have a winner.

Our panel of external judges consist of a Vanja Lukac, Stefan Klippenstien, "Dean" and two others who wished to remain anonymous.

Awarded with zero points,

The Neo-Rhino Party - Alphabetagamma, submitted by Alphabetagamma

http://www.photoshop.com/products

Alternatively accepted submission

properimage.jpg

Awarded with one point,

The Accursed Nation Party - J.C., submitted by J.C.

posterjc.png

Awarded with three points,

Sons of Norton Party - Doom Shepard, submitted by BTGBullseye

Poster11.png

Awarded with five points,

The Bold Blue Party - Blue, submitted by Blue

blueposter.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I hope one of them stands out to me. I *still* don't know who to vote for.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Okay, so is this intended to be a Party poster, or a Candidiate poster? Because naturally the two will be different.

Brain is already storming.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Some advice for the composition:

Rule of Thirds

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Okay, so is this intended to be a Party poster, or a Candidiate poster? Because naturally the two will be different.

Brain is already storming.

Whichever you think will both win the competition, and curry the favor of the populace.

I don't know

I feel like that picture could easily have been done in MSpaint

also, it uses a template

I don't know

also, it uses a template

It was more satirical than serious. :| Most of us don't have Photoshop, and even if I did my artistic ability is matched only by certain comatose individuals.

Any art I produce on my own would most likely be the visual equivalent of the Brown Note.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

How's this?

Problem, officer?

I don't know

also, it uses a template

It was more satirical than serious. :| Most of us don't have Photoshop, and even if I did my artistic ability is matched only by certain comatose individuals.

my comment was not very serious itself, though the satire does not translate well, I suppose.

You see? Us bold blues can have fun.

So Doom, do you want me to try and see if I can make something interesting?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

New mission statement: "every other party's talking about ‘change’. We will not change a thing, we will stay the course. Read my lips: 'No new ideas.'”

:| Most of us don't have Photoshop, and even if I did my artistic ability is matched only by certain comatose individuals.

Try using GIMP. It's free and very powerful.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

So Doom, do you want me to try and see if I can make something interesting?

Yeah. Check your PM's soon, I'm gonna email you about a few design elements that I think should be in the poster somehow.