Whats your favorite console(s)?

Sign in to follow this  

What are you favorite consoles, and why? (Make a list or do post whatever.)

For me..

1. Nintendo 64 - Its pretty much what got me into Nintendo, I DIDN'T have a SNES and I had an NES but we gave it to a relative that lived far away so I didn't play it often. My favorite game of all time is on this system, and just alot of great games overall.

2. Sega Genesis - There were many good games, among the piles of mediocre/sucky games, but the fact that the games were so cheap to buy makes it one of my favorites. I had a blast playing the Genesis (and my family didn't really get sucked into buying all the shitty attachments except for a 6 button controller.) We had so many games atleast by our standards..

3. PS2 - It was like the Genesis of its ERA (atleast thats how it felt to me). It had so much third party support... What happened Sony?

4. Xbox 360 - OMG WHY IS XBOX 360 SO LOW ON LIST? BECAUSE I SPENT SO MUCH GODDAMN MONEY ON IT. We had to buy a hard drive seperate, xbox live cost me money, and the good games are about $60 unless you wait for like 2 years and then no one is playing them.. but It is the best of this generation (IMO)

5. Wii - Oh Wii, Your great for parties or family reunions, but other then that you don't really appeal to the type of games I wanna play and honestly I want to be inactive while playing video games not dancing around with the wii controller until I strangle myself with the cord that goes from the controller to the nunchuk.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I have fond memories with N64 which my friend and I used to play against his brother's will (Golden Eye 64 and Mario 64.).

PS1 was lots of fun when visiting my uncles. Spiderman, GTA 2, Crash Bandikot 2...

My dad had one console that I honestly don't remember the exact name of. Something Sega I think. We had a street fighter game (2D semi-sidescroller where you fight in all sorts of locations, like inside a bar.), bike racing game, I think a Robocop game, some Mortal Kombat variant, etc. A total of 6 or so. That street fighter game and MK were my favourites. I tried to dig up the correct name by using ROM sites for shaking my memory but I can't find anything that rings a bell. It really nags my mind sometimes. I'd love to be able to revisit those games through an emulator.

My favorite console I've owned would probably be my ps3. There have just been a lot of great games for it. It's been overall the best gaming experience I've had with a console.

Wii - All Nintendo titles are released for only Nintendo systems, I bought mine for Metroid and Zelda and it was very well worth it ;)

Dreamcast/N64 - the N64 didn't have any Metroid titles, and that sort of ruined it for me.

Super Nintendo - Metroid/Zelda

Genesis - Sonic 1,2,3 are some of my favorites.

Nintendo DS - Best way to play an FPS game on the go, I really like how the FPS controls work, I also very much liked MP:H

I'm not putting these in order.

Also known as "Username"

Wii - All Nintendo titles are released for only Nintendo systems, I bought mine for Metroid and Zelda and it was very well worth it ;)

Dreamcast/N64 - the N64 didn't have any Metroid titles, and that sort of ruined it for me.

Super Nintendo - Metroid/Zelda

Genesis - Sonic 1,2,3 are some of my favorites.

Nintendo DS - Best way to play an FPS game on the go, I really like how the FPS controls work, I also very much liked MP:H

I'm not putting these in order.

Wow, I completely forgot about handhelds.. Gameboy Advance was fun, and DS has been pretty enjoyable too.

SNES - Best console ever IMO.

NES - A true classic.

Atari - The originator of all consoles.

Channel F - Sears' version of the Atari, the console I spent the most time playing as a child.

N64 - First actively 3d console with lots of good games.

Sega (the original) - Sonic the Hedgehog. Nuff said.

Nintendo Virtual Boy - Great concept. Starfox on it was awesome.

Gameboy Advance - Portable version of the SNES.

No particular order.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Playstation was released two years before the N64.

I'd say that's the Magnavox Odyssey.

The original sega console was the Master System, which didn't have any Sonic games.

Isn't that the one that only used red and black, gave people headaches after less than an hour, had only 22 games, and was discontinued less than a year after release?

The original sega console was the Master System, which didn't have any Sonic games.

It also had Sonic games on it, they were some of the last games released on the master system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgwTPuE7BW0

I didn't realize they also developed the first one for 8 bit. It looks very flat and static compared to the genesis version.

The Playstation was released two years before the N64.

The PS1 was not a mostly 3d console. It used mostly 2d based games. I would consider the PS1 as a stepping stone between the SNES and the N64.

I'd say that's the Magnavox Odyssey.

That is your opinion. I don't think that consoles would be the same if that was widely recognized as the start of the consoles.

Isn't that the one that only used red and black, gave people headaches after less than an hour, had only 22 games, and was discontinued less than a year after release?

Yes. I never got a headache, but then again my right and left eyes can easily process information separately.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't remember playing a 2D game on Ps1, though I never had a huge library. In the way of classic 3D PS1 games, there are a lot. Gran Turismo 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid, the Crash Bandicoot games, Ridge Racer, Medal of Honor. I could go on.

I don't remember playing a 2D game on Ps1, though I never had a huge library. In the way of classic 3D PS1 games, there are a lot. Gran Turismo 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid, the Crash Bandicoot games, Ridge Racer, Medal of Honor. I could go on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOd1CR9WQ0

I would play this game for like hours at a time when i was 5.

It's a ripoff of Sonic the Hedgehog. :lol:

Also known as "Username"

I got Rayman for the PS1 it was 2D game, but PS1 had primarily 3D games.

1. (SNES) Grew up playing this wonderful machine. My favorites were Super Mario World, Donkey Kong: Diddy's Kong Quest, Mortal Kombat, Lemmings and Aladdin: The Game.

2. (N64) It was my sister's, but sometimes she would let me play it. Super Mario 64 and Kirby 64 were my favorites.

3. (PS1) I got this for Christmas. MediEvil 1 & 2, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro were my favorites.

4. (PS2) I don't really remember how I got this one but it's still a great console. MGS2 & 3, GTA and Sly Cooper were my favorites.

5. (PS3) I got this one for Christmas in 2008 because my PS2 doesn't work as good anymore. My favorite games are MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Mercs 2, Fallout: New Vegas, The Orange Box and Red Dead Redemption.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Was in a waiting room earlier today playing my PSP for the first time in a long while. I was playing God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and was reminded of just how decent a handheld it is. It's only weakness is the game library, though there are standouts, like the God of War games, Daxter, MGS Peace Walker, and it can play all the PS1 games on the store.

Ps3 xbox xbox 360 ps2 ps1

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!