FM 37: Bat sighting?

Sign in to follow this  

First dive, Gordon thinks he's going to die. Then he looks around, complains and jumps in the water again to go with the flow. He dives and comes up again in the following room. Before he gets out of the water, he looks to the left and there is something.. flying (for the lack of a better word) above the other edge of the basin he is in. I saw it around 2:07, in the downloaded version.

The bat he thinks he hears later? :o

Would be a cool easter egg if the bat was real. I don't recall seeing anything flying like that before in Half Life. :lol:

Haha, I looked it up and there really seems to be something flying around.

Awesome find! :lol:

The video isn't at a high enough resolution to be able to tell what it is (most likely an image glitch). :(

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

A particle bat, huh? Great, another endangered species...

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Am I the only one who considered that it could have been that light squeaking noise of machinery? As in part of the level's ambience?

If you listen closely you'll hear a high-pitched squeak, a bit like the noise a bat makes. A second later, "WHAT THAT A BAT?!"

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

A particle bat, huh? Great, another endangered species...

I've already organised a fun run to save it

I think that ship has sailed. Black Mesa was destroyed at the end of Half Life including everything in it. Unless someone wants to make a mod where you play as that bat, crowbarring and flying around, shooting soldiers, scaring Gordon Freemans, and escaping Black Mesa..I fear the particle bat is gone.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I fear the particle bat is gone.

Particle Bat is wholly quantum entangled with another Particle Bat in an attic somewhere in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Unless they had particle bats in Aperture. Like say, for instance, the Borealis could be one big Particle Bat nest.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

I think the bat was just an idea of Ross to make the ending of the episode more entertaning ;) That's it :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think the bat was just an idea of Ross to make the ending of the episode more entertaning ;) That's it :P

Nope.avi

Particle bat is real! particle bat is great! I want to believe! I want to believe in particle bat!

Retired Forum Moderator

Nope.avi

Particle bat is real! particle bat is great! I want to believe! I want to believe in particle bat!

I think this is just a projection of your own mind! :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^