The end of earth.

So what is your opinion?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So what is your opinion?

• Terrestrial destructive encounter of Comets/Asteroids
    • Pollution
    • Destructive human warheads (E.G. Nukes)
    • Resource drain
    • Alien Invasion
    • Virus/Biological Warhead
    • Evolution competition (Another species on earth superior to us)
    • Collision of planets or stars in our solar system
    • Sudden wave of Radiation hitting earth
    • Apocalypse/Other

Sign in to follow this  

How do you think the earth or more specifically human life on earth will end?

I don't know if this belongs in the serious topic section since it depends how you think the earth will end actually :P

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

so.... uh.....that means an alien invasion then??? :D

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

It will end the day after Gabe Newell releases Episode 3

We must look forward to prevent this event from happening then. I will personally get a squadron of ukrainians on this, our job will be to create the ultimate borscht to feed all the squadrons from the world. I will assure the country of mexico's squad will be to assasinate Gabe on the day of the apocalypse. The british squad can make us tea to enjoy the rest of the day.

I agree.. maybe we don't need british tea :D

All these answers sounds cool to me:

Alien Invasion?

Evolution competition?

Apocalypse?

wait... where is "the invasion of undead space dinosaurs"?

:D

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

But I always though that government censoring of the internet would be the end of the world...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

They're all possibilities, but I really can't decide. It's theorized that when the sun enters it's red giant phase, it could roast the earth. It will eventually explode in about 5 billion years, that will most likely kill us, IF we manage to survive that long, or if we are even on the planet by that time.

Out of all the options on the poll, I'd rather have it be an invasion by a hostile alien race or Hell itself. I'd rather go down fighting than become a radiation blasted and/or charred corpse, but that doesn't seem too likely.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Most of these are just the end of humans, not the end of earth. If I'd guess what the actual end of the planet will be, it's sun expansion.

The end of humans will likely come in the aftermath of nuclear war, when the remaining humans die out in the ensuing nuclear winter. Nuclear apocalypse already almost happened a few times in the last century.

Most of these are just the end of humans, not the end of earth. If I'd guess what the actual end of the planet will be, it's sun expansion.

The end of humans will likely come in the aftermath of nuclear war, when the remaining humans die out in the ensuing nuclear winter. Nuclear apocalypse already almost happened a few times in the last century.

Oh man you clearly didn't rad my post in the beginning, it's actually about the end of humans and earth as we see it, re-vote :)

@Brad that's what makes this topic fun, will we survive the 5 billion years? Will we not? Will we survive aliens.... etc

Has anybody thought of the possibility of a resource drain end but then (By that time) humans from other planets re-terraform the earth. Hehe, that would be a close one...

@Figunaye I would be honored to die by Vogons. ;)

Since death is an inevitability regardless if it means the end of the world for everyone else, or if it's just me, I like having assurance in what happens after the fact.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Zombie werewolves...

What? Don't look at me like that!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I'll go for apocalypse, because any of the options WILL be an apocalypse either way to us.

Not if humans evacuate earth and the actual apocalypse happens on another planet.